logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: The 2008 Champion!!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:25 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Yay to Bill!!!! Yay to all the other winners this weekend!!! BIG YAY to Jim and all the Pastimes folks for running/judging our playtime!!! 8)

dnemiller wrote:
And just when you guys think you own Star Wars minis I would like to point out that 2 of the ladies on the site won their events too.... and if you go by percentages of men versus women I guess you have to admit that the women are just better than the men.

Winner of the KOTOR 100 point Consturcted..... Xffan2000
Winner of 100 Tourney...... Lady Hothie

Add one more gal to the list of tourney winners...I won the 100-point KotOR-only Constructed tournament on Saturday. Girl power! :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:45 am 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

I want to give thanks at this time!

Thank you Dennis, Scott, Brad, Dean, Jason, and Jim for all of us working together to make sure the judges of this years Gencon were the best of the best of the best!

Thank you Doug and Dejuan. You two are amazing people I am proud to call friends! Your costumes, no matter what happens, are amazing!

Thank you Aaron. You are just the greatest!

Thank you Trevor for coming down, spending time with us, and being part of the party!

Thank you to everyone who went and saw "The Clone Wars" with us! Seeing it at home, $8.50 for a ticket. Seeing it with you guys, PRICELESS! (Hey, Aaron, James, don't worry, I won't tell everyone you are going to go see Disney's 'BOLT' when it comes out in theaters)

Thank you to Phillip! You truly are an Ugnaught at heart, and I welcome you into the fold.

Thank you to the judges of the custom contest! Anakin Skywalker and the 501st took 3rd in a very, VERY competetive grouping of pieces. The entries were astounding and/or hilarious!

Thank you Dennis, for allowing me to be involved in your Hoth Battle. That was so much fun! I hope to be involved again.

Thank you to Jim for being such an awesome, awesome person! You made it through it all with body intact. I'm sure there are a few more gray hairs you've acquired this weekend, but I know you love it, and we're blessed, truly blessed, that we have you on our side to make sure things like this go off without a hitch!

Thank you to my wife and daughter for always being the inspiration in my life to do what I need to do, and then allowing me the freedom to do what I want to do. I love you!

Thank you to the entire SWM online community! I didn't play in any tourneys. I played very few League games. I met you guys, and learned that nothing is more important than the friendships you make in life. I know I am blessed everytime I go to Gencon!

And, finally, I can't ever give out enough thanks to Dean Miller. People know who you are, I am blessed to know you as a friend, mentor, coach, and all around good buddy! Am I sick of you for a few days? Yeah, I am, lol! But that will pass and things will be back to normal very soon! This past year has been wonderful, and the future will only get better for our adventures in gaming! I'll see you soon, I'm sure!

I swore this would be my last Gencon for a few years. I know swear I'm a liar, and do not want to miss a Gencon until I have to! You are all great!

Thank you . . .

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:47 am 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

dnemiller wrote:
dammit Angie I messed that up..... sorry that is my bad someone corrected my post.... and corrected the winner instead of the tourney.... oh my lord I feel so foolish and I apologize to ya.... I had your name there and I guess someone corrected who won the TIle Wars..... ARRRRGGGGHGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Sorry, I did that, Dean. I just wanted accuracy without pointing out your mistake.

I will congratulate the winner of the Tile Wars Tourney:
Phillip Carlisle - Joruus C'baoth! Great job with a great squad!

And let's not forget another female winner. She didn't get first, but she had a 4-0 record in the 100 pt. leg of the Jedi Challenge: Lady Hothie, running only Luke/Yoda and Chewie, RH! Great job, Dejuan!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:32 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Sweet. What squad did he use?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:37 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

dvader831 wrote:
I want to give thanks at this time!

Thank you Dennis, Scott, Brad, Dean, Jason, and Jim for all of us working together to make sure the judges of this years Gencon were the best of the best of the best!

Thank you Doug and Dejuan. You two are amazing people I am proud to call friends! Your costumes, no matter what happens, are amazing!

Thank you Aaron. You are just the greatest!

Thank you Trevor for coming down, spending time with us, and being part of the party!

Thank you to everyone who went and saw "The Clone Wars" with us! Seeing it at home, $8.50 for a ticket. Seeing it with you guys, PRICELESS! (Hey, Aaron, James, don't worry, I won't tell everyone you are going to go see Disney's 'BOLT' when it comes out in theaters)

Thank you to Phillip! You truly are an Ugnaught at heart, and I welcome you into the fold.

Thank you to the judges of the custom contest! Anakin Skywalker and the 501st took 3rd in a very, VERY competetive grouping of pieces. The entries were astounding and/or hilarious!

Thank you Dennis, for allowing me to be involved in your Hoth Battle. That was so much fun! I hope to be involved again.

Thank you to Jim for being such an awesome, awesome person! You made it through it all with body intact. I'm sure there are a few more gray hairs you've acquired this weekend, but I know you love it, and we're blessed, truly blessed, that we have you on our side to make sure things like this go off without a hitch!

Thank you to my wife and daughter for always being the inspiration in my life to do what I need to do, and then allowing me the freedom to do what I want to do. I love you!

Thank you to the entire SWM online community! I didn't play in any tourneys. I played very few League games. I met you guys, and learned that nothing is more important than the friendships you make in life. I know I am blessed everytime I go to Gencon!

And, finally, I can't ever give out enough thanks to Dean Miller. People know who you are, I am blessed to know you as a friend, mentor, coach, and all around good buddy! Am I sick of you for a few days? Yeah, I am, lol! But that will pass and things will be back to normal very soon! This past year has been wonderful, and the future will only get better for our adventures in gaming! I'll see you soon, I'm sure!

I swore this would be my last Gencon for a few years. I know swear I'm a liar, and do not want to miss a Gencon until I have to! You are all great!

Thank you . . .

Wait let me go get my ball . "LET IT BEGIN,LET IT BEGIN" My Kids will love this movie . O ya me to.I had a blast.Thanks for the good times can't wait until next year.
James (FrakkinMando):boba:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:43 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Congratulations are definately in order. I watched the final, very well played. I had a great time at gencon... this being my first. I think I took a photo or two of the final match... I'll see if I can find it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:10 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

congatulations to you all. Where can i find the squads used in gencon 2008?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:57 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

Hi, I was also wondering where i can find the teams that the winners used? :lsfight: :lsfight:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:46 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

Hi Robin!

Check out the 150 Point Squads Forum

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY