logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: 100 pts KotOR Proxy Sealed 8/3 @ YottaQuest
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:22 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

So my LGS (YottaQuest) started the day out with doing the scenario from the June/July Promos (Assault on Trayus). I had created and printed 28 boosters for KotOR and added all the info after the set was leaked (I was very bored at work on Saturday, lol). There was only 4 of us left but we decided to go ahead and create a DCI match for us. We played 3 rounds so everyone was able to play each other and experience the new characters. Ironically enough, we all chose the Mandalorian Scout for our squad...

My Squad:
Obi-Wan Kenobi, Padawan 22 pts
ASN Assassin Droid 27 pts
Mandalorian Scout 19 pts
T1 Series Loader Droid 21 pts
Jawa Scout 10 pts

Keith's Squad:
Carth Onasi 37 pts
Gungan Shieldbearer 18 pts
Mandalorian Commando 13 pts
Mandalorian Scout 19 pts
Tusken Raider Scout 11 pts

Wingscribe's Squad:
Zayne Carrick 24 pts
Mandalorian Scout 19 pts
Echani Handmaiden 23 pts
Gungan Artillerist 11 pts
Gungan Soldier 9 pts
Wookiee Trooper 11 pts

Madman's Squad:
Sith Trooper Captain 20 pts
Mandalorian Commando 13 pts
Mandalorian Scout 19 pts
Mandalorian Quatermaster 26 pts
Sith Guard 5 pts
Mandalorian Marauder 15 pts

I ended up winning mainly becuase of the T1 Loader Droid. The reaction from everyone of "holy crap, he has 140 HP?!?" was quite hilarious. Some funny/memorable moments:
-first up again Keith (sorry, don't know who he is online or if he's even here) I finally had my T1 and Obi adjacent to some of his pieces so he moves his Shieldbearer up and then finds out Energy Shield doesn't work against adjacent enemies, lol. Another great moment was me hitting Carth with the Assassin Droid plus Jawa's Spotter +20.
-next against Wingscribe had the absolulte best moment of the day thanks to Zayne. He was always getting goodKarma and when he finally got badKarma I did Kohoun on Zayne. He fails the save with like a 6, then he rerolls with Karmic Mettle and rolls a 3, so not only does Zayne take the 60 from Kohoun but he takes the 10 from Karmic Mettle which defeats him! Frickin unbelievable!
-not really much memorable stuff against Madman except him making almost all his Parry saves. Best part for me was criting the Quartermaster with the T1 (took 3 rounds to get to him, lol). That was quite nice.

Overall a lot of fun. T1 is an absolute BEAST in sealed cause he forces your opponent to spend more time on him since he's so good with HP. The Echani is good but doesn't hit often (Wingscribe got off 1 quad against me and made just 2 of the 4 attacks). The Mandolorian Scout with Cloaked is frickin awesome...unless the only near you is Difficult Terrain and you think that provides cover, then you're hurting. Obi-Wan Padawan really isn't that good a piece, I shoulda gone with Wookiee Elite Warrior. But Obi is good with Ataru, but that is quite hard to pull of when you meet in the middle. If you choose the ASN Assassin Droid, don't expect Kohoun to work all the time (worked 1 of 4 times) but it is good with Programmed Target (+12 for 20 with Accurate Shot is pretty decent). Also keep you Shieldbearer away from the Melee Attackers, lol...

Post subject: Re: 100 pts KotOR Proxy Sealed 8/3 @ YottaQuest
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:06 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Nice! Sorry I wasn't able to make it out, as I really wanted to give some of the new pieces a try. Wife has been sick, and really needed me to help with some stuff. I figure about the only thing that will really do in the T1 droid are your high-power multi-attackers (like Kreia or Malak), Mandos, or Luke or Vader because of their Djem-So.

That's hilarious with Zayne vs. the AZN Droid. I had discovered that funny fact last week when Zayne's stats were revealed, so it's funny that it actually happened!