logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: 150 Point DCI Constructed Tournament - Sacramento, CA
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:33 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

This is my first tournament report, so please bear with me.

Five players showed up at Adventures in Comics in Carmichael, CA for the event (thanks again to Avrom for the generous support!). I decided to run the Mos Eisley map with a revised version of my Nyna Bombs squad, which I played at the last event.

50 Darth Vader, Unleashed
18 Moff Nyna Calixte
17 Storm Commando
52 Kel Dor Bounty Hunter x4
8 Wicket
5 Caamasi Noble
(150pts. 9 activations)

First up was against my friend Chris, who was playing the following squad on the Ravaged Base map:

70 Luke Skywalker and Yoda
38 Boba Fett, Enforcer
17 Bothan Noble
9 General Dodonna
8 R2-D2
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2
(148pts. 7 activations)

It started out fairly simple, with me moving forward from the outside of the base. I made a critical error when I jumped Vader out to Lightsaber Throw Loda and his Bothan.. not realizing that I was within range for Yoda's Force Defense. That nearly cost me the win as it allowed Loda to stun Vader for two rounds (he was out of force). My Kel Dors shot his Deena and then were sacrificed to kill Dodonna and the Bothan and put damage on Loda. Loda moved up to finish Vader off, but missed with his twin and all 3 rerolls! His Boba didn't do a whole lot besides shooting missiles at the Kel Dors and getting chopped by Vader (who was down to 40). (Blackflys 1-0)

Next game I played Zakar Malik, who was running an interesting Han Cannon variant, also on Mos Eisley:

Yoda of Dagobah
Han, Scoundrel
Princess Leia
Ugnaught Demolitionist x3
Chadra-Fan Pickpocket
Luke on Tauntaun
Obi Spirit
R2-D2

I moved Vader to open the door to the central building, where his Luke sat. Won the next initiative, which allowed me to get inside before R2 closed the door on me. Vader grips Luke for 40, and Luke runs outside, allowing Vader to hold the fort and gambit for the majority of the match. Luke attempts to close with Nyna, but Wicket and a Kel Dor make short work of him just in the nick of time. My Kel Dors pick off his scrubs and R2 and move into gambit, which frees up Vader to move down to attack Han and Leia. Leia gets smoked by the Storm Commando, who then helps Vader finish Han. We ended at time with just his Yoda on the table. (Blackflys 2-0)

Next was against Knightwolfe, who was a new player. He had primarily used the miniatures for RPG purposes, so he wasn't absolutely familiar with the rules, but actually did fairly well. He hadn't played many games before, and none against Kel Dors, so he had a tough time against my squad. He ran:

Probe Droid
Moff Nyna Calixte
Heavy Stormtrooper
Scout Trooper
Emperor's Shadow Guard x2
Stormtrooper Commander
Stormtrooper x3 or 4
Noghri Commando
Grand Moff Tarkin

We played on Mos Eisley again, where I ran Vader into the central building again. Force Sense helped a bunch as it allowed me to start firing on his Noghri and other stealthed characters. One of his Shadow Guards was able to wipe out my Storm Commando with ease. Wicket finished off his Tarkin, and his attempts at combining fire on Vader in cover weren't so successful. Match went to time again, with me wiping out most of his troops. (Blackflys 3-0)

I ended up with the best score of the event, with my friend Chris getting second with his Loda squad. The other player that I didn't face was running a Mando squad with Mandalore and Canderous. Got a booster of Universe and pulled my first Rancor :mrgreen: and unfortunately, Nute Gunray as my rare (why is he so horrible?).

Thanks for reading!