logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: JediCartographer's Map Sneak Preview Review
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:31 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Boba52's quote: "slackers! Report in already. Where's the updates. We all want to know how this went on the new maps."

Since he was asking nicely, I will give a brief recap.

The "tournament" went well. I would like to thank all that attended (BigBro911, Deathstroke911?, and JDPark) and, of course, JediCartographer for bringing his maps. He also brought a beautiful if not Huge-unkind Mustafar map that he wanted to test out that wasn't his creation.

It was more of an organizational meeting than a tournament. We had some late arrivals (JC included but with a good excuse).

Played first with one stock map and one of the pre-existing JC map to just get things started.

JC arrived and brought maps out. Korri... er Sci-Fi tombs were fun to play. Much better in person. The contrasting colors and the large corridors seemed to work out for those who played on it.

I played on a Lava Planet Bunker that was a meat grinder if the proper doors were open. It became a shooting gallery real fast. And it was a Mando mirror match with gunslingers bountiful. I believe the game was very close and called due to time and the fact that I was getting majorly peckish and jittery. This resulted in me mistakenly thinking Boba, MC had evade. I have played him 3 times and made the same mistake all 3 (2 there and 1 on Vassal).

I am looking forward to the maps, despite the pitfalls (both literal and figurative) of playing on them with "pushy" people--looking at you Luke, HPU.

Hopefully, we may have some more time to play during the release weekend of KotOR if I can get things worked out. Won't be a formal Release tournament but will function like one with the exceptions of using JC maps.

Anyone who attended feel free to enlighten on their experience. I had a blast and realized why I enjoyed the game.

MM247