logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: 150 Pts DCI, Cincinnati OH, ACME Games, 7/17/08
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:07 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

We had a 150 point Constructed at ACME last night. And with GenCon coming up so soon, some of the other guys have asked me to not reveal too much about what squads we are all testing out. Doesn't matter to me too much, but I aim to please. ;)

I was running a fairly popular squad right now, and it did quite well for me.

First match, I was up against Brian (Lackey). 2nd round in I won init and wiped out a couple of his key pieces. From there it was kind of a game of cat and mouse as he didn't have enough damage potential left to really do any significant damage to my two main hitters. I won a couple other key inits as well, and came out on top. The only things I lost that game were some of my reinforcements from Lobot. Lobo 1-0

Second match was against James (Frakkin'Mando). He was running a squad that he's been running for a few weeks now, and unfortunately, I think he's finding more and more that he doesn't like it. I sort of baited him towards the end of a round, so that I would either get some free gambit points, or one of his key pieces would be left in range of one of my heavy hitters. He knew he didn't have too much choice though, and it came down to init. I won, and with some help from Wicket, I wiped out his key piece. He did quite well with what he had left though, and would've had a fighting chance if he hadn't missed one of my big pieces three times in a row rolling a 5, when he only needed a 6 to hit. That left that piece with 10 hp left, and really was the critical difference in the game. So once again, I didn't lose any pieces other than some of Lobot's Reinforcements. Lobo 2-0

Third game was against Matt, and he was running a semi-strange CRUBLS variant. I used my shooters to pick off his fodder early on (we were playing on Death Star) and did my best to stay clear of Mara and Jaina for the first few rounds. I finally managed to pick off Han, and that made the difference there. However, Matt was the first one to actually killed some of my pieces that counted for points. Still though, I came out on top with a couple more key init wins and some decent rolling (Jaina failed at least 1 Deflect save, maybe 2). Lobo 3-0

Final game was against Trace, running a modified Broken Boba squad. He had 2 JWMs, R2-Doombot, Boba Enforcer, Lando DS, a Weequay Leader, Mas, and Ugos. This was my toughest game, as he split up his forces and sent 1 JWM to hunt down my various tech pieces. The Mighty Swing for the JWM was nice as he was able to use that to more easily kill some 30 hp characters I had. Still though, wasn't quite enough, as a couple of won initiatives and I knocked out R2, the other JWM, and Boba. We were playing on Rancor Pit, and I had my Lobot hiding in the upper right room, with Trace's JWM and Lando closing in from either side. So I just stayed near the gambit area for a round or two, and cleaned up Trace's Ugos, Weequay, and Mas. By then, Lando was based on one door, and the JWM was based on the other for the room Lobot was in. I got the initiative though, and with some decent shooting (I think I rolled 2 17's) and since that JWM had already taken some damage, and then he failed his Deflect save: dead JWM. At that point Lando was locked in a room, and I had 25 or so points of gambit. Was a well fought game and only Lobot and my 2 beatsticks were left alive at the end, so Trace did the best of anyone that night. So, Lobo 4-0

I got a Cade Skywalker from our prize support for coming in first which was sweet. I'll use him for good trade fodder when KOTOR comes out. ;)

I'm sure this is slightly irritating to some out there, since it's kind of a vague tourney report. But I'm sure a few others can probably pretty closely guess what squad I was running anyways. :P But, I figured I always post a report, so I didn't want to disappoint anybody. Didn't want anyone to think I was slacking off. :lol:

Post subject: Re: 150 Pts DCI, Cincinnati OH, ACME Games, 7/17/08
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:17 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

very cryptic agent Lobo!!!!

But still congrats on Cade!!!

[spoiler="Nomi's Severed Force List"]After Two Game's Played:
Luke Hoth Pilot Unleashed
Master Kota[/spoiler]