logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: 100 points DCI in Greenfield Mass (7/11/08)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:11 am 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

I brought Cade (he was my new piece to try out this week) along with Cloud City Leia, Ghost Obi, and a Bothan Noble. I brough the Death Star Map.

First opponant brought one of the maps from the Endor pack. Didn't matter since I won roll. He chose to start in the hanger. His squad was vader unleashed with 10 stormtroopers. I had Obi boost Cade for that one. Game raun pretty simply. He kept Vader hiding and moving up the side. I took shots at any Stormtroopers whenever I could. Including FPRR's Leia didn't hit a single one the entire game. With twin Cade usually managed to kill whichever ST he shot at. The rare times he missed both halves of a twin he got the fprr with Mettle added in. After the troopers were done I went after Vader and gradualy whittled down his life until I killed him. Would have went faster but I comletely forgot to add Cade's +4 for BH. My only loss in the game was Leia. Vader choked her for 40 then based her and started ther next round with an attack to finish her. My Bothan took a few ST hits, but any time he did his turn consisted of healing the damage from himself then giving Cade a twin at that trooper. Final move of the game I used fp3 on the last ST just because I was starting within 6 of him and I had plenty of FP left since I'd only used them fo fprr's.

Second game was vs a SS squad of Shadow Stormtroopers led by the Moff. This one I had Obi boost Leia so I could negate Stealth every round. Every round was basicly the same. He'd start by moving a piece up to open the hanger door then attack with another trooper with a couple other combining fire so he could hit Cade in cover. My first activation I'd activate Leia and have her kill Stealth. Then Cade would kill whatever piece he opened the hanger door with. Second batch of activations he'd do the same thing if he had enough unactivated pieces left. Then I'd spin Obi and the Bothan would move up to heal 10 from Cade and let him take a twin at the new door opener. At the end I had to chase down the Moff, bu that was easy enough. I moved Cade up 12 squares to the door of the room she was hiding in to open the door. Then I moved the Bothan 12 to get him near Cade giving him a free shot. He twinned the Moff killing her and ending the game. Cade didn't use any FP that game. I wanted to be able to have him heal himself twice if he took enough damage, but the Bothan was able to keep the damage he did take from building up.

Game three was vs a squad of Caedus, Zuckuss, Garindan, and a filler piece. Obi went back to Cade for this one. First round I took out Zuckuss. he'd moved him up to a door on the side of the map. I moved Cade out 10 squares (out of Obi range) to get LOS on him them moved the Bothan up to give him a twin. He hit on both. Garidin fell the next round. I had Leia drop his Stealth then Cade twinned him. I could have just moved closer instead of using Leia, but i wanted to be able to use double attack if I missed one of the shots from the first twin. I didn't miss so I was then able to move 6 towards Caedus instead. That also moved Cade back into Obi range. After that it was just a matter of chasing down Caedus. Eventually he moved into one of the turbolifts to hide with 10HP left. i was going to let him sit there while I got gambit each round until it ended, but I figured since it was the last round and the win would put me at 3-0 for the night I went after him. I moved Cade 10 to get to the door of the turbolift then moved the Bothan in range. Cade finished him with the twin.

What I didn't know was another player also went 3-0 so the tourny win came down to points. Since my wins were so fast I barely went over 100 for each of them. At least one of his wins was more draged out so he had a lot of Gambit before he killed the last piece. He ended up with 14 more points for the night and the booster (Kyle). I don't mind too much since I already have all of LOTF and he really needed him. I would have been happy with second if we'd had a KOTOR preview promo this month since second would have meant I'd have been leaving with three of them instead of empty handed.

A couple other random thing. The other 3-0 played Mando Boba and Gunslingers. In addition to my second opponent there was one other SS squad. That one was Thrawn, Nyna, and Kel Dor's.

Post subject: Re: 100 points DCI in Greenfield Mass (7/11/08)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:57 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Nice tourney report homer. Sucks that someone else had your same record and you got the bad end of the deal. The same thing happened to me a few months ago at a few tournies.

Post subject: Re: 100 points DCI in Greenfield Mass (7/11/08)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:51 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

No biggie. Like i said I'd have been happy getting second if it had meant I came home with three KOTOR promo minis. On the good side going 3-0 should bump my DCI score up enough to put me at #7 in the state.