logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: 150pt. May 31st, Comic Stop in Lynnwood, WA
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:36 am 
General
General

Only 3 of us actually showed up, so it wasn't an official tournament. Also, we mostly had fun squads.

Squads were:
(shinja)
--A Paratus Squad--
55 Kazdan Paratus
30 Han Solo, Rogue
20 Princess Leia
18 C-3PO and R2-D2
13 Rebel Trooper on Tauntaun
8 Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Spirit
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2
(150pts. 8 activations)

(thejumpingflea)
--The In-Laws--
50 Han Solo, Galactic Hero
45 Mara Jade, Jedi
27 Lobot [18 Lando, Dashing Scoundrel for Reinforcements in both games]
9 General Dodonna
18 Ugnaught Demolitionist x6
(149pts. 10+ activations)

(teneyedman)
--Squad 1--
88 Darth Revan
32 HK-47
26 Gotal Mercenary x2
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
(149pts. 5 activations)

--Squad 2--
50 Han Solo, Galactic Hero
48 Shado Vao
24 Talon Karrde
21 Aqualish Assassin x3
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2
(149pts. 8 activations)

The first game was me against teneyedman's first squad (the Revan one) on Muunilist (my map). He picked left and set up at the top of the map. I set up in the middle on the right. Everything went right for me this skirmish. I rolled Reinforcements in the second round and brought a Battle Droid Officer and a Bodyguard Droid. Once we engaged at the outer right edge of the buildings at the top of the map, I was able to make a mini Han Cannon out of Han and Leia, and set up some Spotter shots with the Rauntaun. It was over quickly with my only casualty being the Bodyguard Droid.

shinja 1-0
teneyedman 0-1
thejumpingflea 0-0

The second game was thejumpingflea's squad against teneyedman's second squad. The squads were very similar, but Mara beat Shado when they went head-to-head. It still came down to being very close. Teneyedman was able to kill flea's Han before he could do any damage. There was a ton of missing with the Ugnaughts and Aqualish (the Aqualish missed Ugnaughts 4 or 5 times needing 5s to hit). Flea has a magic die that only rolls 1s or 20s which he used to good effect. I lost count of how many crits were rolled this game--but I think there were at least 10 between the two teams (Talon Karrde had 3 crits by himself).

shinja 1-0
thejumpingflea 1-0
teneyedman 0-2

The final game pitted my Kazdan squad against flea's NR squad on Muunilist. I foolishly advanced from the left through the lower building. When I overrode a door closed just in case, flea decided to check for lines of site and managed to find a narrow one. He used Lobot to open the door, then moved Han out to take a shot at my Rauntaun, crit to kill it. Second attack on R2PO. He won init and hit R2PO two more times to kill them. I couldn't retaliate at all. I ended up hiding Han and Leia in the Vault while Kazdan gained Force points and tried again and again to roll Reinforcements (unsuccessfully). Flea slowly and safely advanced (after picking off my Ugnaughts). He eventually got Lobot in to Override the door the Vault shut--locking out Han and Leia (stupid me) and based Kazdan with Mara. It was over there (I didn't kill a single one of his characters).

thejumpingflea 2-0
shinja 1-1
teneyedman 0-2

We all got Twi'lek Scout promos for our trouble (and made a few nice trades).

Regarding my squad, I think Kazdan with Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi Spirit is actually pretty decent, but there isn't enough room for support at 150. The idea would probably work better at 200. Also the bottom building on Muunilist from the left is a death trap... I should've remembered the exact same thing happening against flea's Han GH squad at the release tournament... :(

Post subject: Re: 150pt. May 31st, Comic Stop in Lynnwood, WA
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:34 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Hey folks, I'm new to SWM but am looking to play in some organized games. Please let me know if anymore games happen anytime soon. I'll PM anyone my personal email. I'm hoping to meet some more players, i want to get better and play more often. I live in seattle so folks near Downtown area or there abouts would be awesome.

-slie