logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Report from the far-far-away central Europe
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:34 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Hi everybody, I don't know if anybody is interested in, but at our place (Prague, Czech Republic, Central Europe) we have weekly small tournaments and monthly "big" tournaments, with about 10-16 people. These big tournaments are quit competitive in my opinion, so maybe you will like this short report and maybe it will inspire someone. And excuse my english pls :-).
25/05/08 we had a 150 tourney, 11 people took part in, which is not much. I expected more. Anyway, I took this squad :

"Republic's Mercenary"
Boba Fett, Mercenary (58)
2x Jedi Weapon Master (52)
R2-D2, Astromech Droid (9)
Gran Raider (4)
Lobot (27)
Map : Imperial Base

I think this squad is quite good, with good rolls, some skill and luck it can handle anything. Lobot's reinforcements were all the time Human Bodyguard and 3 uggies, other variations were Lando DS or 4 uggies and Wicket.

The problem with post legacy meta is (like Fool mentioned) that if you want to be competitive, you have to play General Dodonna, or have a good squad, that can easily beat him. During the tourney, which had 4 rounds, i played against !4! Dodonnas and 3 Han Solo, Galactic Hero! I don't think, that this is good for this game..

There were like 6 NR squads (3 variations), 1 Yuzhaan Vong jedi hunters, 2 Luke's Snowspeeder squads, mine Republic and one Mandalorian squad with new Boba.

Round one I faced New Republic (wow..) with Dodonna, Han GH, Mara Jade Jedi and Lando DS. With some inaccuracy on oponenst side I won. Second round i struggle again vs New Republic with Han GH, Mara Jade Jedi, Dodonna and Talon Karrde. I won again. Third round i went against our best player, who had Luke's snowspeeder, Dodonna, Bothan Noble, Princess Leia (A&E) and Deliah Blue. With some unlucky rolls (..) I lost. Last round i played against New republic with Dodonna, Han GH and Boba Fett BH and won.

So I ended third with 3-1, which is nice. Whole tourney won Mandalorians, which I really didn't expected. But it is nice,that in a field full of New Republic and Dodonnas won something like this minor faction :-).

Post subject: Re: Report from the far-far-away central Europe
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:54 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Well maybe if squads like the Mandalorians win a couple times, you'll start to see less of the same thing over and over. Nice summary - and you should not apologize for your English which is quite good. It's always neat to get a different perspective on what other areas are doing for squads, etc. It would be nice if we could get that many to turnout around where I live. Congratulations and hope to see more reports in the future.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:25 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
Nice report, if I'm ever in Prague I'll be sure to look up your LGS. Your english is better than a lot of natural born english speakers I know.

Would you happen to know what the Mando build was?

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:57 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Thank you for your responses :)
Mandalorians looked like :
Boba Fett, Mercenary Commander
3x Mandalorian Gunslinger
2x Mandalorian Trooper
3x Uggnaught Demolitionist
Caamasi Noble

I don't know if it is optimal build, but it worked. The fact is, that this guy had first round BYE, second round Luke's Snowspeeder squad (Penetration..), than a New Republic (Mara, Han, Dodonna, Talon Karrde) and last turn another Luke's Snowspeeder squad, when he won in last round because the player with LSS made the biggest mistake I've ever seen in SWM :-). Boba is beast though..