logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Toronto 150 DCI monthly event
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 7:25 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
Last month the 150 game tournament was pretty much a wash because of the transit strike so we decided to do it again this month. We had 6 players come out, which is more than we have had since the Owen Sound contingent stopped showing up. (We miss you ERuhk :wink: )

Squads:

R5Don4

Han GH
Mara Jedi
Lobot
Talon Karde
Ugo

BENE

Gen Veers
Vader Unleashed
Storm Commando x 2
Shadow Stormtrooper
Mas Amedda
Darktrooper Phase III

Yik

Moff Nyna
Nogrhi Commando x 2
Emperor's Shadow Guard x 2
Kel Dor BH x 3

Jason

Han GH
Boba Merc
Dodonna
Ugo x 2
Lobot

Lenny

Exar Kun
Swoop x 2
didn't play him I'm not sure what else was in his squad

Dave (new player)

Boba MC
Canderous Ordo
Mando Trooper x2
Mando Gunslinger

First round, I played Dave's Mando Supershooters. I lost map and side and found myself on the bad side of Mustafar. I set up in the safe zone and made my way up to room as fast as possible. Dave kind of wasn't sure what to do so he moved all his characters into the small room at the top. Second round I rolled an 11 for init and brought in Lando DS, this wasn't right situation to bring in an MTB Engine.
I set my squad up in the tiny room ready to settle in and whittling them down those Mandos. I made the mistake of exposing Lando in the door while basing Han, Mara and the BBSV and got Missled by Boba. All my pieces failed their saves. Whoops I can't keep all these Boba's straight. Nice one for the new guy.

I eventually whittled away Ordo to zero without taking any more hits. Han also popped one the Mando Troopers which left Dave with 3 minis. He kept moving down into the lower room to start blasting me out of my little hideout. He opened the door with his Mando Trooper which he tucked out of LOS in the corner. He also positioned Boba one square in from the door to pounce next turn. His Gunslinger was up on the platform between the two rooms. I charged him with Mara, Lando, the Bith and Talon. Next turn I won init thanks to Talon's Recon. Mara charged to go base to base with Boba for the LS taking an AO from the trooper. That was it.

Second round I faced Yik's Super Stealth Melee Beasts. Yik is a great player and can make any squad work, so even though his squad was pretty random, I knew it would be a tough fight. I won map choice so we played on Muunilist. I started on the open side and made my way through the bottom room. Yik made his way straight up the middle for the Gambit zone.

In the second round I split Han and the Ugo off from the rest of my squad as Yik had brought Nyna out of the control room and was out in the open. He blocked her with a Shadow Guard later that round. The rest of this round was mainly positioning. We both knew the next round would be a real bloodbath.

The next round is a bit hazy but I know I won init and Han blew away Nyna. Yik went after Talon who fell fast. When the dust settled, Mara was down to like 30 HP but the Bith was untouched and Lobot had bought the farm. Both Noghri's were in really rough shape thanks to an exploding Kel Dor. I am pretty sure the second Shadow Guard was either dead or close to it at this point too.

Next round I win the init and decisively clean up Yik's squad. Mara fell and I ended the game in the worst shape of the tourney with only a very wounded Han and Bith left.

Final round I faced Bene's Vader Veers squad. Bene barely won his second round game against Jason due to points but I'm glad he did because I didn't want to have to face Jason.
Bene won map and side and I found myself on the bad side of Mustafar again.

Bene was playing very aggressively and was charging up the catwalk toward my safehouse from the first round. He charged in the room with a Storm Commando and Shadow Stormtrooper and laid 40 Damage on Talon and killed Lobot with a grenade. My squad refocused to deal with the invaders and Bene's squad was two minis less. I also managed to get a shot in on Vader for 20 Dam with Han, when he was charging up the middle.

The turning point of the match came after Bene charged Vader right up to the outside door of the safehouse, burning a Force Point no less to be within 6 of Mara. Next round I won Init thanks to Talon's Recon and Mara took out Vader much to Bene's surprise. After that it was clean up.

Initiative was really crazy in this game. In one round I rolled an 11 and Bene rolled an 11. With Recon I rolled another 11. In another round Bene rolled a 20 for Init and I rolled a 20 too. We rerolled and he rolled 20 again. I'm just glad I won the critical init in the round that sealed the game.