Map: Starship (hardboard)

Round 1 Vs Rodney

Luke HPU
Apprentice Redeemed
Dodonna
2x ERC
Mon Cal Medic
Jariah Syn.

I won map and side taking the pit area side and spacing out my troops with Vader in the different colored squares at the top with Mas. He set up mostly in the opposite corner, but the ERC's started with dodonna in the room. He even started one of them next to the door at the borderline between his troops. So my first Activation was of course Vader for force sense, and then the SC to kill it. Later I set up a Lightsaber Throw 5 on Dodonna and the other SC for 2 kills, and basically I just huddled under thrawn's Bubble to avoid getting pushed.
Final Score 193-8

1-0

Round 2 Vs Chuck

Thrawn
Mas
Rodian Scoundrel
Ugo x2
BBSV x2
Imperial knight x2

I got some early shots killing an ugo and hitting Thrawn for 30. Later I came up with a SWap LS Throw 5 to hit 5 pieces, defeating 3 of them (ugo, mas, Rodian) leaving a BBSV with 20 hp and Thrawn with 10, but vader was now in the thick of things, and Thrawn was based by an imperial Knight. Well Due to some rolls that didnt go my way my thrawn died in the following round, but Vader killed the BBSV, and Based his thrawn. Early the following round Vader killed his thrawn. It came down to him defeating Vader, leaving me with Mas, 2x Grans and my SC, Nyna and Wicket, against a BBSV and an Imperial Knight. It was at that point that I scored my ninth Gambit winning me the game.

final Score: 153-96
2-0

Round 3 vs Joel
Luke on Tauntaun
Rebel Trooper on Taun Taun
Yoda of Dagobah
Leia of Cloud City
Dodonna
Obi-Wan FS
Bothan Noble
Chagrian Commander.
Jariah Syn

I won map and side (AGAIN) and my set up was as described in round 1. I just huddled under thrawn's bubble and kept thrawn out of sight the whole game. I killed Jariah in Round 1, and basically saced my SC later to kill the Raun Taun and the Bothan Noble. Leia Crit on Vader 3 times late in the game, but by that time she was the only piece he had left and I had force Choked her already with Vader for 40 damage. So Wicket and thrawn made quick work of her

Final Score (About 175 because I forgot that I had already won on Gambit) to 76

3-0

Tournament ended and I was the only undefeated player. First prize was a Deliah Blue which I gave to a 6 year old who plays with us who had his Darth Caedus disintegrated on Turn 1 of his first game that night. Really the kid was having a horrible night.

ImageImage

Post subject: Re: 150, Carbondale Illinois 5-12-08
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:42 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Nice work. I think your squad at the top is incomplete though, as it doesn't list Nyna, though you mentioned her later on in the report. I think it's cool how many of us were not all that impressed with Vader Unleashed right after TFU, but with the new Stealth options from LOTF he's moved up the chain a little bit more.

Post subject: Re: 150, Carbondale Illinois 5-12-08
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:00 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

You are correct sir. I did indeed have Moff Nyna Calixte in my squad, I guess that makes a big difference huh?

ImageImage