logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: Current Top Squads
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:15 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

barzillai wrote:
Wondering whether Speedy Cannon still holds up with the change to Ion Gun (now affects units with Mounted Weapon too). Jawas and Elite Rebel Commandos could prove to be a bit of a threat... though they do have a hard time hitting the speeder without a lot of help.

Well, technically speaking, that new rule won't be in effect until August 19th anyways, right? But yeah, afterwards, it's definitely going to hurt it some.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:47 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

LoboStele wrote:
barzillai wrote:
Wondering whether Speedy Cannon still holds up with the change to Ion Gun (now affects units with Mounted Weapon too). Jawas and Elite Rebel Commandos could prove to be a bit of a threat... though they do have a hard time hitting the speeder without a lot of help.

Well, technically speaking, that new rule won't be in effect until August 19th anyways, right? But yeah, afterwards, it's definitely going to hurt it some.

Um, are you two seeing something I don't see? Like squads of ion guns winning anything? I think the change makes sense logically and rule wise, it becomes more consistent with other interactions of living/non-living, but I think in no way does this affect the top squads list.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:37 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

billiv15 wrote:
LoboStele wrote:
barzillai wrote:

Um, are you two seeing something I don't see? Like squads of ion guns winning anything? I think the change makes sense logically and rule wise, it becomes more consistent with other interactions of living/non-living, but I think in no way does this affect the top squads list.

Elite Rebel Commandos would be the only piece I could really see giving the Snowspeeder issues, but I dont see those in many seriously competitive builds, so I also doubt the ion cannon rules change will have much impact on the meta.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:12 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

No, not too much. But, if someone is running one of the current popular Speedy Cannon squads, and I have Lobot, I may decide to bring in 4 Jawas just in case. Then if you ever can get some shots off on the Snowspeeder, it could make a big difference. And as far as activations go, 4 Jawas isn't THAT much different than 6 Ugs. I don't think it'll necessarily be the best option, but if you do get lucky enough to pull off a couple shots, could work out really well. Jawas would be even more effective against the Golan Turret, so that's probably where I see the biggest change, but then again, the turret really isn't THAT popular in the current meta anyways.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:30 am 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

Another way with Garm's Reinforcements. An ERC and RaunTaun is 29 pts so that is another possibility. While I do agree the ERC isn't seen all that much in the current meta, they aren't too bad for their cost. Twin Ion Gun isn't that bad, especially with the possibility to Override the only door the Snowspeeder can use to get to you (yeah, its a stretch but possible on maps like the Death Star)....

I'd personally rather use :jawa: though, lol. Gotta love swarm characters ^_^

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:54 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

This has not been updated in almost a year. What is going on in the current meta?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:09 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

S1AL wrote:
I kinda think we should just be honest with ourselves start calling the "NR Triple Threat" the "Tri-Force." :roll:

why?

the squad only has 2 force users.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:51 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

I apoligize for not updating this for Kotor Meta. Been Busy <New Job and Marriage> I really don't know how much time I have to compile a list of current top squads between KoToR and the new Set in 6 weeks. Sorry If a mod wants to do it fine, otherwise this thread should prolly be unstickied.

ImageImage