logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Carbondale Illinois 4-14-08
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:49 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

150 point tournament (only 6 competitors this week)

My Squad: Counter Tactics

Han Solo Galactic Hero 50
Kyle Katarn Jedi Battlemaster 54
General Dodonna 9
Lobot 27
3 x Ewok 9

(Don't tell me ugnaughts and not Ewoks I know, but I have 3 ewoks and 5 ugnaughts, and my thought was against most opponents I would be bringing in 5 ugnaughts as reinforcements with a Jawa to maximize my activation count, it was just easier to say ewoks are worth points)

Map: Hardboard

Round 1 vs Bob

His Sqaud :Mandalorians
Boba Fett Mercenary Commander
Booba Fett
Mandalorian Commander
2x Super commandos

my reinforcements: 5 ugnaughts and a jawa

Well I won map and side roll and he left one of his Supercommandos in an open spot. I Unloaded on him for 60 from Han before mobile attacking back away and left the guy down one Super Commando. I then told him it was his turn. When he finished I moved Dodonna and informed him that it was again his turn.

I basically whittled him down before making a rush with Kyle against boba fett Forcing him out where han could shoot him.

1-0

Round 2 vs Kevin

His Squad
Draco
Jagged
2x Imperial Knights
2x Heavy Stormtrooper
Storm Commando
2x Death Star Gunner

My reinforcements : Lando Dashing Scoundrel

I cracked an opportunist shot off early on Jagged with Lando, before winning inititive on round 2 and taking down Jagged and a Death Star Gunner. Han picked off the other one in round 3 before things started to get ugly.

Draco and the Knights Rushed Lando in the Gambit Zone, but Kyle was taking cover in the equipment by the pit (Lando was on my side of the wall. Draco Based Lando, so with the Initiative I managed to win, Han came out and used his double cunning on Draco. Critical hit and then another hit. I used Kyle to lightning for the kill. The knights then based at attacked Kyle, Hit-riposte, Crit-Riposte Lando pooped a shot into one and then I managed to win another initiative and defeat one before the other one killed kyle. Kyle had done his job though, and the knights were severely crippled Han and Lando made a quick mop up of the rest of the squad.

2-0

Game 3 vs Nathan

His Squad:
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Luke Legacy
2x Elite Rebel Commandos
Rebel Commando Strike Leader
Mon Cal Medic
ugnaught
Rebel Vanguard

Map Hardboard, I won Side again. Taking the Dashing Scoundrel as my reinforcements.

Well this game was complicated. He was content to let me sit in gambit and not make much effort to come get me. He got one Good missiles off at Han Kyle and an Ewok, but the ewok was the only one to take damage, and Han Quickly made sure that wouldnt happen again. Eventually in attempting to take pot shots he left his Elite commando within 18 of an unactivated Kyle (I also hadnt activated Han) I ran Kyle up 12, (4 away from his obiwan) and then shot and hit twice with Han. I lost initiative and Obiwan ran up to swing and miss at Kyle Luke took some shots too, and hit with both (one was a crit) Han Came out finished off the Elite reble and put 20 on Obi-wan. Then Kyle used his attacks to take obi down to 20. Lando finished him later in the round.

I had to do something desperate at that point I moved Kyle to within 6 of the commander after winning initiative and tossed a grenade at Luke. (Luke made the save) Han then killed the Commander, but Kyle got sent down to 20 hp. I won initiative again and tossed another grenade before retreating around a corner. Luke Spent 2 fp's to get there and finished Kyle off. Han then ended the Career of the last Elite. Han Galactic Hero and the Dashing Scoundrel vs. Super Luke. Lets just say that I had already spent 6 rounds in gambit and Luke doesn't do enough damage to make up for that.

3-0. I took the tournament. I don't think there was really a top meta squad in this tournament, (certainly not mine with the ewoks, with ugos maybe).

2 200 point tournament reports coming your way in the next week from me, lets see what happens at the Cape Gerardo Comic-Con!

ImageImage