logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: LOTF day at Village Games 4/11
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:50 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, after the scenario fiasco is a confirmed dud we decide to do a sealed event. I eagerly open my 2 boosters. Kyle and Shado. You have got to be kidding me. This is my 3rd sealed tourney in this set and the first one I had Shado and the 2nd Kyle. This is my FOURTH Kyle. :roll: So, I get over my disblief and look at the rest and see, yep, a Bothan Noble.

So I go with-
Kyle
Shado
Bothan
Duros
GAS
OR Scout
Imp Knight
CSO
Guard Droid
Vong Elit Warrior
GAT
Human Scout
OR Recruit x2

I then realize I forgot my Muunilist map at home, crap, so I have to go with hardboard.

1st match is against a younger kid who has 10 activations Dodonna and Han. Wow, what a squad. He leaves Han in open on setup and then charges him up first to the middle of the map. He never uses Dodonna for one activation the whole game and runs the Imp Knight around the top of the map so I kill everyone and leave him last. I then spend the rest of the time teaching him everything he should have been doing with his squad( I find out later he took out a guy with Boba, Deliah, ERC, and Gunslinger...I have no idea how that is possible, but am very happy for this kid )

2nd match is against my cousin who I play against alot and yeah I get to play him again :roll: . He has Nihl, Vong JH, 2 Gunslingers, Goatal, Twilek scout and Guard Droid. I am not liking this at all. We play on hardboard and he picks the pit side. He has Nihl and Vong on top and 2 Gunslinger beging the columns. I move Kyle right to the center of the map. Have Shado open door and put Duros and Bothan behind Vao. 2 RD. He wins init and realizes his only shot with the slingers is at Vao with 26def. Vao takes no damage. More positioning and nobody really moves, but Nihl this round to behind the wall in the center of the map and Shado to middle. 3rd rd Nihl comes around corner for a hit on Kyle. Vong moves so he is in the empty space between Nihl and Kyle. Shado bases Vong and Vong gets Greater mobiled and tripled by Kyle equals dead Vong(I was really worried about this guy). Gunslingers can still only shoot Vao and GAS moves withing 6 of Nihl. 4th RD I win the big init and have Duros combine with EVERYONE for the big 50 with spotter and Flanking support. Hit and here comes the big deflect...he misses. Kyle then LA and Nihl takes 90 dam in 2 activations. 8) More shooting at Vao. Kyle takes 2 from Nihl and is down to 10HP, but the damage is done. Bothan gives extra attack to Kyle to finish off Nihl. 5th RD Vao moves to take out Goatal. Time is called with me way ahead on points and him down to just 2 gunslingers and the Twilek. Good game, could have totally went a different way if I had lost that big init.

3rd match against Von Bickle. :roll: Again...Well he wanted a rematch form last tourney and he is also 2-0 so this is for No. 1 baby. He has Cade, Vong JH, Marisiah Fel, Guard Droid, Kel-Dor, Imperial Security Officer, and Goatal. He wins map and we play on Death star which is really bad for me. I get bayside and he starts at top right and I left top. 1st Rd I just move all my guys into the hallway to bait him. He moves all his guys toward the center wall. 2nd RD. He wins Init.(I had put my guys 4 in a row to try and bait him to move Cade out) Well this works as he moves Cade 8 down to shoot at Vao. He misses and I end with Kyle taking 10 and me losing my Duros, which was not good for me, but felt it was worth risk to get Cade out and activated first. I move Vao to gambit on cover and place Bothan behind him, after he heals Kyle. I move Kyle to center of map(this is key because I now have it were I can spend a force to move 8 and greater mobile with Vao on Cade and LA with Kyle and get 4 attacks total on Cade with the Bothan trailing.) All his shooters miss Kyle. 3rd RD, I lost init. :roll: Cade shoots Kyle and then bolts down the hallway. Here is where my inexperience with DCI kills me because I am still thinking-kill Cade, win game- I should be thinking -Kill his scrubs win on points cause the clock is tickin. I decide to chase Cade and base him with Kyle. Shado follows and is 4 away from Cade based to Fel. I am now thinking- win init -3 attacks with Kyle and 2 from GM Vao(cause I am not worried about Fel) 4th RD I lose init :roll: Cade shoots Kyle in the face and moves 8 squares to hide in the room at bottom right corner. I know realize I can't chase Cade and win because, while I have been getting gambit, the 12 points I gave him from the Duros has him close to me in points and I figure if I can kill Fel then I will win on points. I get her down to 10 HP and have it set up to Bothan Kyle for the kill and yep, she blocks it. 5th RD. I know time is going to be called now. If I win init then I can kill Fel and be up by 2 points. After my 4th lost init Fel using Force leap to run 12 squares towads Cade. I then chase her with Vao and use Bothan Vao to finish her. Time is called. Cade finishes his activation by moving past Vao and killing the Noble. Good Game. I end 2-1. I should have used choke on Fel and that would have left the Noble out of harms way, but what are you gonna do.

Was a lot of fun to play. I can't believe I got 4 Kyles and really look forward to playing with some DIFFERENT PIECES. :boba: