logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: 150 LOTF Release Tornament
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:43 am 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Hey all. So this past friday we had the LOTF event. We had 8 people show up for it, and it was great. I pulled:

Nogri Commando
Gotal Mercenary
Trandoshan Merc
Trandoshan Merc
Galactic Allience Trooper
Rodian Blaster-For-Hire
Galactic Alliance scout
human bodygaurd
----------------------------
what is below the line I pulled and used:
Darth Tyranus, LTDS 49 pts.
Canderous Ordo 48 pts.
Vong Jedi Hunter 20 pts.
Shadow Stromtrooper 13 pts.
Vong Warrior 8 pts.
Twi'lek Scout 7 pts.

145 total

Round 1: Me V. Mr. D
I played agaist one of the best players at my LGS. For tournaments at my LGS, we always use the ROTS hardboard map. We rolled, and I got the better side of the map. He used Little miss inept fel, tyranus, LTDS, a gotal merc, twi-lek scout, a mando trooper, a human bodgaurd, a vong elite warrior, and a vong jedi hunter. I set up my shooters in the Maintenance Station to snipe his tyranus near the corridor, his vong jedi hunter in the escape pod, and his other shooters near the command center. I won initative and put 60 on tyranus, and continued to snipe out. Meanwhile, my vong took point at the gambit area, with tyranus a few squares behind to protect him from the other tyranus' lighting. I continued to be in gambit while my opponent advanced with his vong, miss fel, and tyranus. My jedi hunter engaged fel, while my warrior sat in gambit. His tyranus moved into the turbolift and threatening my shooters, forcing me to engage his tyranus with my own.

In conclusion, I was in the lead, and after my and his tyranus died, I moved to the command center to take out his shooters which I did and take up position to kill his fel and win.

A close game, and my opponent gave up with the score at 107 to 119, because I still had my shooters and a very healthy canderous, while he had a gotal merc and a damaged fel.

Round 2: Me V. Whitey.
This was an easier game than the first one, even though this guy was also a good player and had better pulls. His squad was: A human scoundrel, a Corellian Security Officer, Luke LOTF, a twi'lek scout, darth nihl, a kel-dor BH, and I can't rember what else. We rolled, and I was forced to deploy in the airlock. I moved my guys to the escape pods, while my opponent was near the Maintenance Station and behind the wall in the power regulation chamber near gambit. I moved my vong jedi hunter and my tyranus into gambit below the turbolift. his luke was shooting around in cover, so i had to advance to take him out. His nihl was at the bottom of the power regualtion chamber on the left side, waiting for me to make my move. I went after luke, and used lightning, while my vong jedi hunter lured out his nihl and canderous opened fire. Nihl moved to kill canderous, and would have, if he had won initative. I triple attacked him, and killed him. My vong jedi hunter went after his secutiry officer, and i had the game in the bag by then. my canderous died, but so what.

The end score was 140 to 74. A crushing defeat for my opponent, and a great victory for me. If I had lost that one initative and canderous died instead of nihl, the game outcome would have been different, but I still could have won.

Final round: Me V. Brandon.
As usual, we ran out of time before the final round. I will finish writing this next week when I play the final game. I think I have a good chance to beat this guy. He has the new mara, luke LOTF, and 2 bothan nobles, a kel dor BH, and a duros scoundrel. It will be difficult, but if I can remove the nobles or mara quickly, it won't be so hard.

A more detailed comparison:
My opponent's squad: 6 activations ( same as mine )
300 HP ( 80 less than mine, but he has healers, delflect, and stealth )
Average defense: 16.3
Average Attack 8.33
Damage Output in 1 round at best: 190 damage

My Squad: 6 activations ( same as my opponent's)
380 HP ( 80 more than my opponents, and I have lightsaber block, crab armor, stealth, and regenration )
Average defense 16.5 ( a little better than my opponents )
Average attack 8.33 exactly the same
Damage output at best: 260 ( 70 better than my opponent )

The numbers are close, and it will be a challenge. I think I can pull it off.

General Notes: I didn't have the best pulls, but I built up some synergy with the shooters, with rangefinder, careful shot, and triple attack. I also got some decent melee support. I didn't really think about it, but my two opponents commented on how much HP my squad has. I had a lot of fun, and if I win next week, I got 20$ in store credit. I will probably get a case with a discount, which is always good. I'm already gaurenteed 10$ just for making it to the finals, which is nice.

I'll post how I do in the finals, and you may post whatever you'd like.

http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee

Last edited by SirStevee on Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: 150 LOTF Release Tornament
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:09 am 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

So I played the final round. What I though my opponent had was wrong, and he actually played: Mara Jade Skywalker, Luke Legacy of the Light Side, two bothan nobles, a galactic alliance scout, and a rebel honor gaurd.

We rolled, and I got the blast door to delpoy in. I moved tyranus and my other figures to the gambit zone in the power regulation chamber, ensuring tyranus got into gambit for the first round. My opponent moved Mara into the escape pods, and the other figures into the command center. He eventually moved Luke into cover near the escape pods, and I moved tyranus there to take him out. I also started to steadily remove his support with my shooters, and mara moved to the turbolift. My vong jedi hunter engaged mara, and my canderous and other shooters began to open fire. I killed his Luke and most of his support, so tyranus went to go chase them down, while the rest of my squad was concentrated on mara. The game ended in victory at 144 to 58, with me still in gambit.

In conclusion, it was a good game, but my opponent left some of his guys out in the open, allowing me to take them out. I recived 24$ in store credit, which I used for a case. Not bad. :mrgreen:

http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee