logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: LOTF Release Tourney Monster Den and Village Games
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:01 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

So, tried out a new LGS last night had a great time and made a lot of new friends.

2 boosters 150

Shado Vao
Deliah Blue
Imperial Knight
Guard Droid
Bothan Noble
RCTS
Imperial Pilot
OR Scout
OR Recruit
GAT
Human Bodyguard
Gotal Merc
Dug Fringer

Went with what you see above the line. Was very worried about 5 act and really wanted to dump the Droid for more scrubs, but everyone around my getting killer guys. 2 Cades, 2 Nihls, 2 Tyrannus, so I freaked and went with the HP's.

1st match went against a guy with Vao, Nihl, Knight, 2 Gotal Merc's and filler on my map Muunilist. Was real worried about my Vao in this. After 2 rds we had my knight and Vao based against his knight and Vao with Nihl 5 squares away only able to see my knight. Between Deflects, blocks and evades I was thwarted about 120 dam. Went to make 1st attack with my knight on his, yep block 19 roll for gauntlets. :shock: so much for him. My Vao Deliah was able to put a hurtin on his Vao. Next rd saw His night and Vao fall. Next rd my Vao falls against Nihl. So we have Nihl against Blue Bothan limp Knight. Here's where Blue and Bothan became best friends. I win. He rolled 3 crits on iniative and was 15 or higher on all defensive moves, but his attack rolls were harsh.

2nd match was against Luke LOTS, 2 Rangefinder, Vong JH, Jagged Fel, Guard Droid, Gunslinger, GAT on Hardboard. Never played on this before. Very small and OPEN. He set up luke in site with the filler in front. I won init and dbl cunning with Blue and Bothan combo and he deflected both. I thought that was it for Blue. She only got hit once, though whew. 2nd round Luke is still out their and dyes from Blue and Guard Droid. Now that Accurate response is over for me I can move in Team melee. Knight and Vao lock up with Vong and now all his guys have to shoot the 26 in cover Vao while Blue and Bothan pick off everyone. Bothan MVP as he healed 40 dmg off Blue and gave her some huge shots.

3rd match was against Cade, Dodonna, CSO, Kel Dor, ERC, Mando Trooper, GAT, Elite Vong on Muunilist. O.K. so when I saw this squad and how I was outactivated by 3 with Dodonna I pretty much was wondering what I was going to get for second place. He had open side and I had door side top. I moved to top left door. He moved to middle of map. 2nd rd he won init and promptly override the door for Cade to shoot 4 times at Vao. Since I totally forgot about override I was like holy crap I am dead. he hit 3/4 shots and I deflected 2 so out of the whole deal Vao only took 20 dmg. Blue and Bothan promptly ended override for the game and I setup Knight and Vao so that if I won init I could greater mobil Cade. I win init. knight engages Vong and Vao GM Cade. After the dust clears Cade is dead Voa is at 60 left and I go wow, if I can survive the Deceptive bonuses I don't think he can hurt me. He gambles everything on a combined fire with Kel Dor against Vao in which he needs a 6 and rolls 3. Next rd he tries to base Vao with Kel Dor bomb but has to give AOO to Droid who Twins and makes him explode. Mop up ensues.

Blue and Bothan never died entire night. Wow the Bothan is awesome. I used him twice I think on Vao and the rest on Blue and alot of healing. Vao is great only becuase of 26 in cover. Went through FP's way too fast. The knight got gauntleted and against Vong, so oh well. Got a Talon for my trouble. Was a lot of fun. If I didn't get a Bothan or Deliah didn't have accurate, I could totally of went 0-3. Go figure. :boba:

Post subject: Re: LOTF Release Tourney Monster Den and Village Games
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:54 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

2nd Tourney Friday night at Village games

Went with

Kyle Katarn
GAS
Human Scoundrel
Duros Scoundrel
Kel Dor BH
OR Scout
2x Bothan Noble(YES TWO :shock: )

Was VERY excited to see Kyle and 2 Bothans with 1 of each scoundrel so squad choice a no brainer for me.(Kyle excitement quickly faded as i guy next to me opened Kyle with Luke Spirit :( and then after first match I time to open my case and got another one :cry: )

1st match was against a guy who had 4 activations with Han Lumiya Guard Droid and...don't recall :lol: you would think with 4 guys I could remember. Anyway I picked my map Muunilist(if it ain't broke don't fix it) and he left Lumiya and Han in the open so 1st rd goes boom boom boom boom 30 cunning oppurtunist Bothan Bothan EVADE EVADE EVADE EVADE. O.K. that is 120 dmg washed away.(did I mention I HATE evade...) He proceeds to move Han straight to the center of the map. Han does not survive Rd2. Lumiya gets based by Kyle in Rd 3 Then gets spotted with Flanking Support in RD 4 and then tripled by Kyle. Scrub chasing ensues.

2nd match is against VonBickle who has the Kyle with Spirit... :roll: He also has Shadow Trooper, Guard Droid Knight and Goat. He wins map on Ruined Base. He has no accurate so I set my guys up to shield the scoundrels and put Kel Dor so he can see middle of map and Kyle as a meat shield. Problem is only guy I can see is Shadow Trooper who has stealth. 2nd RD my Kyle relugated to Target and door opener and he obliges with his Kyle to do the same for his team. 3 rd I deal 40 to his Kyle. He uses Guard droid to return the favor. Here is the difference in the game. My Kyle gets healed by the Bothans. I take the HP advantage to Kyle and lightning him since granades is not an option with mettle. The match is decided when he LA my Kyle and only hits once and can't reroll missed attack. Then I kill Kyle and Luke goes with. My Kyle goes the next activation. The scrubs fight it out and it turns out the auto 10pts for me from Luke is the clincher. Very close good game. I could not of won without the healing powers of the Bothans.

3rd match is against Shado Vao with Luke Spirit :roll: seriously? and Imp Security off Guard Droid Vong JH filler. I win map and she chooses room side on Muun. She runs Vao and ISO through rooms at top and rest to middle. I run my guys to middle. I kill all her guys except Droid Vao ISO and Luke. I am confident. She engages with Vao finally. Kel Dor meets him at the door and gets critted. BOOM. Vao then moves on Kyle. Precision, crit, cunning from officer and just like that Kyle is down to 60HP. :shock: Confidence is gone. I spend my FP's lightning with Kyle cause mettle sucks and Bothan's help a little. I kill Vao and Kyle goes next turn. It is now ISO against 2 Bothan and Duros. I win, but this was way closer than I would have liked. I can only wonder what would have happened if Vao would have joined a little sooner.

The LGS opens 5 boosters for prize support and I am psyched. Then I see that all 5 guys I got in my case and Kyle is the only VR. :cry: I take him thinking maybe their is a bizarro town where someone has 3 bobas or 3 Cades and wants to find me. :lol: