logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: 150 LOTF Proxy Sealed at ACME!! (3/27)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:52 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Well, last night was our Proxy Sealed event at ACME Games, and it was AWESOME. We had 16 players! Probably the most we've ever had on a Thursday night. To top it off, ACME was short on boosters last week, so some of the money we all kick in for prize support got carried over to this week. And THEN, the store owner was cool enough to let us use LOTF Boosters for prize support last night as well. So we ended up cracking up 8 boosters. The top 8 people all got a VR/R, and everyone got at least 3 pieces out of the prize support! So COOL!

OK...so onto the games!

Out of all the Proxy boosters, the only VR/R that didn't get 'pulled' were Jagged Fel and Moff Veed. Several others (myself included) only used 1 of the 2 rares they pulled.

Here was my final squad from 2 boosters

Luke, Legacy of the Light Side
Human Scoundrel x2
Gotal Mercenary
YV Jedi Hunter
YV Shaper
Twi'lek Scout
Human Scout
GA Scout
OR Recruit

I had chose Death Star for my map for the night, but I lost every map roll (and several side rolls too, lol) so it doesn't really matter. ;)

Game 1: Played a guy with Emperor Fel, Cade, an Imperial Knight, and a Rebel Honor Guard. We played on Mos Eisley, and he started on the Cantina side. This was a fairly simple game, as my opponent just didn't know the new pieces well enough yet. He won a crucial initiative that allowed Cade to wipe out Luke, but by that point it was too late. A Human Scoundrel then moved up, combined with the GA Scout, and finished off Cade. Then my other pieces finished off Fel in the same round. Was pretty much game at that point. Lobo 1-0

Game 2: Played one of the newer kids in the group, but he had Darth Caedus, Marasiah, Mando Gunslinger, two Human Bodyguards, and a Noghri Commando. Unfortunately for him, he was just too new to the game, and is more there just playing to have fun. He took out a large majority of my fodder, but once again, the Human Scoundrels were just overwhelming with the Opportunist Attacks. Lobo 2-0

Game 3: Played against Shado Vao, Han GH, YV Jedi Hunter, Twi'lek Scout x2, Human BG. We played on Throne Room, and I got the Throne Room side. The Gotal Merc and GA Scout were fun in this match, because I used Intuition and Door Gimmick to still get first round gambit, even from the bad side of the map. A big key in the game was another Human Scoundrel/GA Scout combination attack on Shado Vao for 50 damage, and he either failed his Deflect saves, or forgot he had Deflect, I can't remember. Then, I won initiative, and had placed my Vong JH and Shaper at the end of the previous round, who then finished off Shado. From there it was pretty simple. I did miss 4 attacks in a row on Han towards the end, but it was way too late by that point, and made little difference. Lobo 3-0

Game 4: Final game. Played against Han GH, Lumiya, Elite Rebel Commando, YV Elite Warrior, and Twi'lek Scout. We played on Mos Eisley, and this time, I had to start on the Cantina side. I knew this one would be really rough right from the start. I had to get ahead in points, and force him to come after me, or else I knew he'd just hide in the central room and play door games with me. I used the Gotal again to get first round gambit, which put me ahead 5 points, and a poor placement by him allowed my Luke to get 2 shots off on his Elite Warrior in the first round. However, I missed one of them. I won initiative, and Luke tried to finish off the Vong, but failed, which really ended up hurting me. I also forgot to use Intuition to get my Gotal back into safety, and that cost me. His Han GH moved out to Cunning on my Gotal, and then my OR Recruit. The rest of that round was positioning. Round 3, I won init again, and moved up my Shaper, followed by the Vong JH basing Han, but only doing 20 damage to him. This helped stop Han in his tracks for that round. But that's pretty much where the luck turned. Luke got a shot on a Han, and he failed his Evade, then on the Double, Luke rolled a Crit, and Han made his Evade save. :( The following round, he won Init, and Han got a Crit on the Vong JH, finishing it off, and then ran into hiding. Then Lumiya finished off my Human Scout, and followed Han into hiding. By that point, he had all his pieces still (though some at fairly low HP by this point) and I'd lost half my squad. With Override still, and a point lead, it was game over at that point. Lobo 3-1

Out of the boosters for prize support, I got a Darth Krayt, so I was still happy, even though I ended up in 2nd place. Definitely figured out that the Human Scoundrels are just beastly if you have a bunch of activations in your squad. Luke is pretty cool with Double, Greater Mobile, and Accurate, but his +9 attack hurts him a little bit. Combining with the GA Scout is absolutely brutal, especially when you get both the Spotter and Flanking Support bonuses.

Post subject: Re: 150 LOTF Proxy Sealed at ACME!! (3/27)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:27 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Very cool. Great pull on Krayt. 2nd isn't that bad at all. :scoutT:

http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee