All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Carbondale Illinois Feb 25, 200 points
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:41 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

6 contestants entered

Me:
Luke's Vehicular Combat Squad (Landspeeder Version, see this thread viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2528) I always used MTB + Gonk for reinforcements.

Jon B 86:
I didnt face him, but he had Garm+chewy-P0, Bossk, Rebel Leader, Princess Leia of Cloud city, and some other stuff he was running an MTB engine.

Greg:
Exar
2x Gundark
Reek
+ugnaughts

Chuck:
Lord Vader
Thrawn
Mas
Lando HoT
2x Ugo
11x Stormtrooper

Bubba:
Didn't Face him, Shaak; Han RH, RaunTaun, Luke HPU; I dont know the rest

Will:
Exar
Boba BH
1x Ewok
Lobot (Muun+4 ugos)
9x ugo

First Round, I faced off with Chuck. Map was the Chancellors Starship (throne room map)
I own gambit side, Han sniped 2 of his ugos early, and I landed stormtrooper kills when available, but I basically controlled the gambit zone, and he was not able to approach it with his troopers, Heavy losses would have been incurred had he done a stormtrooper rush, but he may have been able to overwhelm me, He didnt try so we will never know.

1-0

Second Round I went up against Greg Falter

He transferred in Exar Adjacent to my landspeeder. Chewbacca was DEFINITIVELY my MVP for this match, The rebel hero made 4 saves in a row for Avoid defeat, Crit twice on Exar cun (50 damage hits) took over 160 points of damage and finished the game with more than half of his hp remaining. I guess you could say that 2-1b would get the major game assistance. I didnt lose anything this game that I didn't sacrifice to the MTB; same map as first game and same side.

2-0

Third Round I went up against Will.
It came down to a 100 hp Exar against an 80hp landspeeder (a well timed sith sorcery had kept my Bodyguard and my healer away from it. I lost the initiative, my third one in a row, and he trippled, transferred essence then ran up and flamethrowered on my landspeeder. I never did manage to get a kill in after that.

2-1 second place.

ImageImage