logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Tournament results Feb 4, Carbondale
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:34 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

I decided to play the following squad in the 100 point this week (16 competitors)
Aurra Sing
Master Kota
Obi-Wan Force Spirit

In my first game I faced a Shaak Ti Quigon Jinn Jedi Master combination with Lando Dashing Scoundrel.

I positioned Kota Well with all of the opponents pieces within 5 before winning an initiative and Repulsing. Kota basically stood near the Gambit Area in the open and made my opponent come after me. I took 3 shots on Shaak Ti before he based with Kota the repulse killed her making it Qui-Gon against the rest of my squad. Admittedly this game was played against a child.

1-0

Round 2 I faced off with a skilled opponent who won the tournament last week in 200 point format. He was running Obi-Wan Kenobi and Apprentice Redeemed, with 2 ugos and Artoo.

He ran Obiwan up 12 to base with an activated Kota early, before I popped him with Aurra. He won initiative and did 40 to Kota. I popped him with Aurra again and the Double attack from Kota took him out. It came down to a showdown between apprentice redeemed and Kota, 50Hp on Kota 100 on redeemed but Kota had a lot of force points and the Apprentice had 2. He ran her in and swung, re-rolling twice, miss. Kota Repulsed her back, next round same story. game.

2-0

Last game Opponents Squad:
Luke HPU
Princess Leia
Rebel Vangaurd
Wookie Warriorx2
R2 D2
Ugnaught demo
Mon Cal Tech
and something else.

I played it stupid and ran Kota around getting shot at. I still would have won with one more gambit, But I positioned a untouched Aurra where she could be pushed out of gambit, and at the end of a round luke pushed her out, and then took a free leia attack for 70, and then he won initiative and did it again. game.
2-1 losing to the tournament champion.

ImageImage

Post subject: Re: Tournament results Feb 4, Carbondale
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:38 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Why Force Spirit? Why not R2?

These are separate questions.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:17 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Swarm squads can be prevalent at the carbondale venue, I thought I might need more than 2 sweeps. Beyond that I really like mettle, and I have been known to roll more than one 1 in a game with aurra. the +4 on re rolls is really nice.

As far as R2 is concerned, most players in the carbondale venue will play the hardboard map 9 times out of 10, why? Convenience. The door control really isnt an issue on that map, too bad I didn't see that map at all.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:09 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

Luke_Skywalker wrote:
As far as R2 is concerned, most players in the carbondale venue will play the hardboard map 9 times out of 10, why? Convenience. The door control really isnt an issue on that map, too bad I didn't see that map at all.

Watch out on that. The store I play in was like that for the longest time. Then recently it tipped almost completely to the Throne Room thanks to most of the newer players getting it in the new starter.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:14 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

I moved this over to the tourney results

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:15 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Yeah that really bit me Door control could have really saved me in the game that I lost.

ImageImage