logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: 100 pt. in Owensboro KY
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:01 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

We only had 5 people today. I don't think 100 pts. is all that popular with the locals, as several of the people who normally play skipped out to play other games, or didn't come into the store at all.

Anyway, I played San, BH Boba, Lando DS, Ug x3, and brought Mustafar just because I really hadn't played on it before in DCI tournaments and wanted to see how truly bad it was.

The other squads were:
Loda, Chewbacca RH;
Loda, Princess Leia, Ug x3;
Nom, Felucian Rancor, Wicket, Ugnaught x2;
Luke HPU, Boba Enforcer, R2P0, Wicket, Ug x3.

Round 1:
I faced off against the Loda/Chewbacca duo and won map roll. Playing on Mustafar, the game was a breeze. I completely out-activated, and used my Ugs to secure gambit. I reached 100 points before killing Loda.

Round 2:
Vs. the Luke HPU/Boba squad on Jedi Temple, I lost side and had to set up in the hangar area. I blew up several of the outer doors, and despite being Force Pushed a couple of times, managed to secure victory. San lived the entire game, which is unusual not because I try to get him killed but because most of the time my opponents are eager to kill him off. I kept him tucked away in a safe gambit zone most of the game.

Round 3:
I lost map roll against Nom and Rancor and we played on Death Star. I managed to Disintegrate Nom with Boba after moving to a square where he had to no cover, and then all I had to do was smash the Rancor. Unfortunately, Boba missed 5 out of 8 shots, and I had a chance to flamethrow at one point when it was at 40, but I was afraid that I would lose initiative and then get pummeled. So I ran Boba away after trying for the Twin Attacks. I won init anyway, moved again, and then Twinned, rolling a 2 and 1. My opponent ran the Rancor up and rolled init. I rolled a 12, he rolled a 17, and that was game.

I shook my opponent's hand, and then tossed the d20 into the trash can nearby. It failed me for the last time. :P

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg