logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Battle Royal in the Ugnaught Den
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:13 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

Well, we were all going to head to a DCI Tourney in Springfield, but due to the ice on the roads, decided it would be better off to stay in town. So, still wanting to play some minis, I decided to invite some players over for a Mass Battle Royal! (This idea was adapted from a great one from Fool, I'll give him credit for the wheels to start turning.)

The rules were pretty simple, and we had to make a few up on the fly, but it all worked out.. We played on the new Hoth Map from the Battle Pack. Each of us had a corner to start in. We each received two random cards from my collection (we went through and discarded characters who wouldn't do a player any good). We each would only activate one at a time, going clockwise at all times. Once a character was defeated, the attacker took that character's card for points, and the loser took a new card. At the end of a round, if someone had a new character to place, they rolled a d20, and that was the amount of spaces the new character would start from the character still on the board, counting spaces toward their starting corner. We continued in this manner for 2 1/2 hours, when we decided it was time to quit.

Players were Will (flyingEwok), Matt (HK-47), Michael, and myself. Our starting characters were:
Will - Boba Fett (RS), Han, Scoundrel
Matt - General Grievous (CS), Quinlan Vos
Micheal - Kit Fisto, Luminara Unduli
Ray - AT-ST, Grievous's Wheelbike (nice damage output!)

It would take way too long to tell everything, but I will hit the highlights. If I mention a new character, I will put who was controlling him.
AT-ST hit Vos for 80, then Bane (Matt) for 80.
Sidious, SL (Micheal) used lightning on Bane, and took out Boussh (Matt) and Wheelbike at the same time.
Han, Scoundrel never died! In fact, Will only ever lost Boba, and he was replaced by Nym, who was never even attacked.
Mara Jade, EH (Michael) pulled off two 3 character Barrages, but only ever hit Lando, HOT (me) either time.
I moved my Thrawn up to a collection of Force users, and they all glared at me! ha ha
Soon, Matt pulled Revan. It was so nice to see him in play.
However, my greatest moment ever . . . Vader, Unleashed. I built up enough Force, tucked back behind my Durge, and then used LT 5 against Revan (hit a crit for one), Vader, COTS (hit both), Yoda of Dagobah (hit both), and Vader's Apprentice, Redeemed (hit once). I will never forget that moment!

So, the final death toll:
Michael - Wedge Red Two, Boussh, Darth Bane, Grievous's Wheelbike, Han, STA, total of 198 (he got many bad pulls in a row)
Matt - Luminara, AT-ST, Qui-Gon Jinn JM, Luke, YJ, Mara Jade EH, Agen Kolar JM, Bossk, Han of Hoth, Chewbacca, total of 266
Ray - Quinlan Vos, Sidious DLOTS, Boba Fett, Kyle Katarn, Padme Amidala, Luke COTF, Darth Vader COTS, total of 282
Will - Darth Revan, Zuckuss, Djas Puhr, Thrawn, Kit Fisto, Grievous, Lando HOT, Storm Commando, Ayy Vida, Dash Rendar, total of 322

I hope to be able to do this again with more than four players. Getting Master Tactitian pays off, but when you roll a 1 like Matt did with Revan, it really sucks! Well, time to go clean up the battlefield!