logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: 200 point DCI in Greenfield, MA. I went 2-1
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:40 am 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

200 points which is my least favorite to play out of the standard point totals. I played Blizzard Scout 1, an AT-ST, Thrawn, mas, 2 ug techs and 2 ug demos. My map was the rancor pit. 2 of my three games were against players with Thrawn so I'll probably have to start considering iniative control in 200 point games now.

Game one I won map and side and started in the pit. Opponent played the new Rancor backed by Thrawn, Mas and a buttload of troopers. Not much to that one. Having BS1 charge 12 squares to twin the rancor followed up by swapping the regular AT-ST into the same spot to twin it with flanking in effect was brutal. Add in Aurra getting to use Jedi hunter against it and it didn't last long. After that I just had the mechs take turns trying to pick off troopers while the Ug techs took turns healing them.

Game 2 was the game I lost. I won map, but lost side and started on the other side of the from the pit. Opponent played Vader, IC, Mas, Thrawn, Holo Veers and a bunch of troopers. This game went very badly. He used Veers ability every round to try and drop 60 on an AT-ST. I made a total of 2 of the saves the entire game. I also lost iniative every round of the game. He kept the commander pieces back so all I could do was work on the troopers. Between Vader IC and advantagous cover I almost needed to crit with BS1 to hit them though. Wasn't much better with the regular At-ST either. By the end of the game I'd only managed to kill most of the troopers. Funny bit when it was pretty much over was when he ran one of the commanders up to base my Aurra. Just for fun I had Thrawn swap Aurra with Mas Amadda so he could attack the piece. Then he swapped that pice with vader and tripled my Mas.

Game 3 was a breeze. I lost the map role and had to play on the hardboard. I started on the conference room side. Played a kid who played VSA, Redeemed, Obi, Unleashed, a Luke, Hoth Leia, Hoth Chewie, and some troopers. After the initial BS1 charge then swap I didn't use Thrawn to swap the AT-ST's any more. Instead I moved an Ug tech up to a spot between the big guys so he could heal one of them. then I'd swap for the other one to heal again. Not much of a contest. Pretty much went through a cycle of he'd move a force user up then I'd have BS1 take a twin shot at it. AT-ST would then take a flanking assisted double attack on the same force user. Follow that up with Aurra to finish him off if needed or take a shot at one of the troopers. Repeat next round for the next force user.

All in all it was good enough for second, but the store didn't have any promos again this week so all I'm getting for this week's efforts is probably a ~5 point bump to my DCI score.

Next time I can get up to the store will be in 2 weeks when they'll be running a 100 point DCI game. I'll be trying out Vader Unleashed backed by Emperor Palpatine and 3 Ugnaught Demolitionists.