logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: 150 Pt., Metagames, Springfield, MO
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:25 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

Okay, it was a fun night. Seven players altogether, including myself. I bought my Loda right before the tourney, and just figured I would try him out. I put him w/ Princess Leia, Han, RH, R2-P0, and two Uggies. I know it isn't the greatest squad, but I figured I could have fun with it.

I ended up 2-1, with my loss being to a squad of 4 JWM, Aurra, and Doombot. However, the greatest time was Force Pushing 3 JWM and R2, doing a sweet 120 damage. However, in the end, the HP's of the Masters proved to be way too much to overcome.

The greatest thing of the night, however, was the last game. Opponent had Anakin, JK remaining. He was based by R2-P0, Han, and Loda. I decide, "Eh, why not." Anakin is two squares from the pit around the landing pad on Bespin. I pushed! I killed my own droids, took damage all around, but wanted to say, "I pushed someone into a pit!" He made his save roll :( So did Han, b/c if I'm gonna go out, I'm going out in style!

Next round, I win init. Another Force Push, and Anakin rolls a 4. Bye, bye Anakin! And Han failed his roll, too! Two characters pushed, two characters falling! I loved it!

Post subject: Re: 150 Pt., Metagames, Springfield, MO
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:50 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

I have yet to push somebody into a pit. Its on my list of pointless things to do. After BH came out I couldn't wait to disintigrate somebody with Boba. At least with this I have a better chance of it happening.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:09 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

Dustin, no. His brother, yeah, he came up with that imaginative squad of cheese. I just didn't have the HP to deal with it, simple as that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:17 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

I've ran Han Cannon two tourneys in a row. I had just bought my Loda. I had to use him. I could have put Han, Sc in there, but, eh, I didn't. I'm okay with it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:56 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

dnemiller wrote:
yeah if you just got Loda you gotta play him..... looks like the Nunn boys aren't bringing anything new to the table... that is a shame... their the ones missing out though

Some people are afraid to lose. Me, I prefer to run new pieces and figure out what I can do with them. I already know what to do with JWMs and Aurra....

Good for you Ray!

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:17 am 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

billiv15 wrote:
Some people are afraid to lose. Me, I prefer to run new pieces and figure out what I can do with them. I already know what to do with JWMs and Aurra....

For a while now I've been attempting to include at least one piece I've never used before in every squad I play. Lately that has meant one of my new FU pieces.

I will agree with Dean, once you get Loda you have to try him out. He was one of the pieces I tried in my last squad and he was fun to use. Even in the game I lost he was still alive at the end.