logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Won my fourth 150 point tourny in a row.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:41 am 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

Some how we ended up with nobody going 3-0 and four people going 2-1 for the night so it came down to total points scored. I got plenty of gambit in my 2 wins where I also wiped out opponents' squads and that was enough to offset my horrible low scoring loss. My map was the one on the other side of the Rancor Pit. My squad was Loda, Obi-Unleashed, Princess Leia, Rauntaun, Ugnaught. Things of note. I never used FR3 the whole night and Loda is insane.

First opponent was a kid with 2 AT-ST (Uni and FU), 3 At-AT Drivers and a Stormtrooper. AT-At Drivers fell to Leia and the Rauntaun. Each time they activated they took down one of them. I had Loda stun when possible (one round I got both AT-St and the next one of them). Once Loda and Obi based an AT-ST it was made short work of. They cut down one then moved to the other.

Second game was my loss. He had Boba Merc, the rebel swaping droid, Lobot, the triple attacking rebel gun and filler. It just went very badly. With the droid he was able to either swap Lobot so he could override a critical door or move Boba if Loda was getting too close to him.

Game three was against Boba BH, Han Scoundral, Jaina, an Amanamin Scout, and Ewok. This one was played on the hardboard. I started on the pit side. I lost the Rauntaun early to a twin from Boba when I misjudged my placement of it. I didn't think he'd have LOS, but he did. We had a funny moment when his Ewok and my Ug faced off with the Ewok winning only to be cut down by Loda. At that point I basicly camped Loda/Leia/Obi in that corner oposite the turbolift so I'd be gaining gambit and force him to move. He brought Jaina and the scout up. The scout in the turbolift so we'd both get gambit. I had Obi move around into the lift to attack the scout. Next round he finished it off. Then Jaina moved up to face Obi. I won iniative and was able to move Obi up to attack her and bring her down to 50. Leia moved up to give Obi another attack and he critted to kill Jaina. I then moved back behind the wall until he brought Boba and Han out. I got lucky and won iniative. I was able to stun both of them and move next to Boba for a twin. 40 damage and Boba's at 80hp. Moved Leia up next to Boba so there'd be no Evade and attacked. Hit for 20 and Boba is down to 60hp. Then gave Loda the extra twin for another 50 dropping Boba to 10. Obi moved up to finish him. Han went pretty much the same way the following round.

Post subject: Re: Won my fourth 150 point tourny in a row.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:20 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Congrats on the championship!!! That 2nd game is a reason that I wold never bring 2 chicken walkers to a tourney

Archives of the Gamers Jedi
is designed to be your official source for in-game rules questions!

Post subject: Re: Won my fourth 150 point tourny in a row.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:13 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

Agreed. I'd never use even one rigid huge in a 150 point game. I'm planning to use 2 of them in my next tourny, but that one is 200 points so I don't have to worry about the map. I got my Hoth pack so I'm going to build around moving BS1 up to shoot at something than swap it for the original AT-ST which can then double at the same target with the -4 defense fromflanking attack. I haven't really started the build yet. Just added the points for the 2 AT-ST, Thrawn, Mas so I know I have 57 points left to fill in when I have time to do the build.