logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: SWM in Owensboro KY 12/15/07 (150)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

We had 9 people for the tournament. We would have had 10 but one of the players sat out when he realized he didn't have his FU stuff. I offered to loan him mine, but he declined, since he didn't know what I was playing.

I didn't get a chance to see everyone's squad, but there were a lot of Rebels running around, particularly VAR, Obi Unleashed and Luke HPU. Activations were on the low side. One player had Exar Kun with a team of Wampas. Me, I went with an old staple squad:

Boris
Boba BH
Aurra JH
San Hill
Lobot
Ug x2
Battle Droid
Map - Muunilist (Not necessarily the best choice for this squad I know, but a lot of the locals where I play don't have it, and aren't familiar with it, and it's my favorite map so I usually do my best on it.)

Round 1
Reinforcements - Aqualish Assassin x2, Ugnaught x2
I faced a guy playing Maris Brood, Luke HPU, Hoth Blaster Cannon, VAR, and an Ugnaught on Muunilist. I easily out-activated him, and Boba Disintegrated Maris (I felt really terrible about it).

1-0

Round 2 on Bespin
Same reinforcements as round 1
My opponent had Exar Kun, 2 Wampas, and a Rampaging Wampa with an Ug. Again, we played on Muuniilst. I let Lobot lock the door in front of the hangar open (we were on Cloud City) and he ran his Wampas headlong into the fray. Aurra JH died, but Boba ended the game when he flamethrew Kun for the last 20 damage. And oh yeah, I disintegrated a 50 HP Rampaging Wampa.

Round 3
Reinforcements - Twilek BG x2
My opponent had Boba BH, Luke HPU, Sen. Leia, Ug x5, R2P0, maybe something else, I can't remember. I won map roll and side roll and set up opposite of the control room. This game went to time, and I was ahead in Gambit quite a bit. Both my bodyguards were still alive, and I let them soak up the damage as much as possible before I moved to defeat R2P0.

One thing I didn't understand. The computer ranked my final opponent 3rd, even though he beat the guy who outranked him in the first round. Can anyone shed some light on how this happened?

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg