logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: 200 point DCI in Greenfield, MA
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:00 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

We had 10 people show up. I went 2-1 playing Boba, Merc, Mara, Jedi, Karrde, Jaina, Han, and Ugs. I had started out going with Han, RH, but at the last minute I switched to Rogue for the extra iniative control. Turned out to be a bad choice as I didn't face anyone with even so much as Recon. Another note. I'm up to 6 games with Karrde and haven't hit the 11 for iniative yet.

Looks like I have to leave early today so I'll add in the matches when I get home tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:17 am 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

Game 1 was against a new kid with Darth Vader, various Troopers, and some fringe stuff. Thanks to Cunning I managed to kill Vader before he could get close enough to attack any of my pieces. I used my Ugs to screen the rest of my squad so that by time time was called I'd managed to kill most of his squad while losing 5 of the 6 Ugs.

Game 2 was against a nom squad. Even without an 11 for iniative Karrde saved me in that one. I was able to keep moving him within 6 of either Nom or a piece I wanted to attack so that I could avoid the self destructs. When time was called I'd killed about half the squad while only losing a couple ugs.

Game 3 was my loss. It was just a really bad game for me. Opponent played Emperor Palps, VA, Unleashed, 2 Sith Witches, Boba Enf, Aurra Sing. Even with Recon I still could not win iniative for most of the game. That lost me Mara early on when I ran her up to take out a Sith Witch. I took some Lightning Damage to end the round, lost iniative and she was finished off. At one point I ran Jaina up to VA and actually did manage to win an iniative. Needing 6's or better to hit him I rolled a 3, fprr of 2, then a 5. Boba was unable to finish him off and he was able to fp5 Jaina dealing the final 50 to her and killing her. From then on it was just him working his way through my pieces. One thing I was happy with was Boba was undamaged by time i'd lost the entire rest of my squad. Intuition is very nice on him.

My two lower point timed wins and 1 loss weren't even enough to get me one of the Caamasi Repaints. While that was disapointing I'm happy with 2-1. 200 points isn't really my thing so I'm just happy to have a winning record for the night. I'm also really looking forward to the upcoming 100 point game in 2 weeks. No idea what I'll be bringing for that one. Probably go with the MM random rare to jump start my build for that one. After that will be 150 which will be something built around Luke/Yoda.