logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Danville Tourney 3/10/2012
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:07 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

This week was pretty interesting. Several players (myself included) were prepping for the Lansing Regional so things were a bit intense tonight. The maps tonight were Jedi Temple on Table 1, Jabba's Palace on Table 2 and Theed Palace on Table 3. I guess the first thing we aught to do is list the squads that played

Shawn Cunningham (SvenBlackSunVigo)

Xizor
Natulan Black Sun Vigo
Zann Consortium Defiler x2
Cad Bane
Bastilla Shan, Jedi Master
Mouse Droid x2
Uggie x2

Benjamin Schiffli (HannahCannon)

53 Darth Vader, Imperial Commander
16 Felucian Storm Trooper Officer
16 Admiral Gilad Palleon
08 Mas Amedda
91 Shock Troopers x7
10 Defel Pirate
06 Uggie x2

Daniel Miller

18 Twilek Black Sun Vigo
44 Corellian Security Officer x2
22 R2-C3PO Galactic Heroes
19 NR Tactician
18 NR Elite Trooper
23 General Wedge Antilles
51 Matellion Savrip x3
03 Ugnaught Demolitionist

Chris Elwell (WarMasterPig)

Nom Bombs 2012

08 Muun Tactics Broker
19 Yomin Carr
42 Advanced Scout x7
34 Nom Anor
37 Prefect Da' Gara
15 Momaw Da' Gara
15 Yammosk War Coordinator
28 Yuuzah Vong Worker x7

Kenny Smoot (Chewie73)

Kel Dor Thunder

32 Thrawn
27 Lobot
25 Bossk, Bounty Hunter
20 Bith Black Sun Vigo
18 Moff Nyna Calixte
15 Jabba, Crime Lord
52 Kel Dor Bounty Hunter x4
08 Mas Amedda
03 Uggie

Audri Sampson (AudriSampson)

Haters

60 Master Vander
42 The Revanchist
33 Bastilla Shan, Jedi Master
29 Carth Onasi, OR Soldier
14 OR Senator
15 Mouse Droid x5
06 Uggie x2

I guess the first thing we will go over is who won. Chris Elwell and his Nom Bombs successfully got past myself, Ben and faced off against Shawn's Black Sun squad. About half way through the finals Shawn conceded to play some Dynamic Duo. I didn't get to see the table before that happened but I can assume Shawn didn't have much left before he conceded.

Nom Bomb has had quite the run here locally. I know it hasn't made a strong tourney appearance since Universe but around here it has about a 75% win percentage. I got the joy of facing this squad in round one and tried to make a heroic dash to the other side of the map to try to destroy the commander effects but by the time I was there and just the War Cordinator was destroyed I had 20hp left on Vander and a few mouse droids left. Not going to get the job done against 6 or more Workers remaining and Nom himself at the lower side of the map. I will admit by the end of that game I was harbering some serious ill will towards the person who designed Force Immunity and to the person who thought a 4pt Vong with stealth and can gain spit poison was a good idea..

My round 2 and round 3 were both against very commander effect heavy squads. Bastilla does her thing and generally fall into place. Because of that the rounds were kinda uneventful.

However Round 2 did not go as good for Nom Bomb. Time expired for the round and Ben had managed to destroy quite a few Workers and nearly all the scouts. The match was played on Jabba's Palace which helped against the Super stealth but when Imperial Commander Vader went down from bombs and Chris rolled a one for iniative to bring in more workers things went downhill pretty fast.

Bomb's round 3 went pretty similar to my 2nd and 3rd. Shawn didnt have away to get rid of stealth and because of all the bombs his shooters went down pretty quick for the win.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

Post subject: Re: Danville Tourney 3/10/2012
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:04 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

I am guessing chris doesnt have cad bane. Jake ran that squad in 2011 but with less bombs, Lobot,Cad. He did really well with it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:16 am 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

My squad would have done better with gilad palleon.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:36 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

jonnyb815 wrote:
I am guessing chris doesnt have cad bane. Jake ran that squad in 2011 but with less bombs, Lobot,Cad. He did really well with it.

He played the new Vset Warmaster at first but after Lansing elected to go for more bombs. What it did is really take his strong matchups and make them nearly unwinable for his opponents. I guess we can say he had to many close calls. Now if he had Cad that might be a different story. Can't really speak for him on that one.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:42 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

So i take it Shawn really enjoyed my squad huh? lol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:03 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

AcheronFate wrote:
So i take it Shawn really enjoyed my squad huh? lol

Yeah I think he did. He has been searching for something to do with Cad Bane and the marriage between Black Sun and Cad Bane was one made in heaven for him. If it has to do with SW's scum and villany he is all about it. Overall the squad performed really well for him, I wanted a crack at it pretty bad to see how it handled losing its commander effects but it didn't happen.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:07 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Its a shame he got to premier my squad before even I got a chance to play it competitively..

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:21 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Sorry Sam if you post a squad online and then don't show up to play it others likely will..

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:29 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

haha yay gonna be just like magic all over again =D lol i inadvertantly proved my point XD lmao i posted it for feedback to see how well it would hold not for someone to rip it off lmao dirka dirka jihad....SQUAD CRITIQUE not Squad idea so someone can be unoriginal XD lol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:33 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Hmm maybe its just me, but if someone wants to playtest a squad I post and give me a different look or view on it... cool beans might make it and me better off.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:36 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

haha funny thing is i DID playtest it..pretty rigoursly too...said so when i posted it and like 3 people liked the idea..playtesting is one thing..but goin..well i dont wanna work for my squad..INTERWEBS HELP ME...hence just like magic all over again XD lol..lawls...competitive is gonna get boring lmao

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:41 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Sheez... I pretty impressed with your squad myself and halfway considered running it myself. I guess I was under the misunderstanding that if I liked a squad enough to clone it, it was a compliment to the creator. Sorry if that offended you.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:47 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Long story short since i'm on my phone,I was originally going to say thanks for helping a long project that I had been working on since I have started giving me some real good input, but if your going to be rude then don't expect any gratuity.but I would like to say thanks for the help and that is bit sarcasm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:49 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

It is a compliment to compliment it to totally clone it is an insult to the spirit of things to me...i mean jesus at least give it a personal spin or something...oh look thats the squad that did good.."DIBS" oh look i won...on to the next list..lol thats not even close to fun...thats the same stang over and over and over lol if someone wants to compliment it thats fine...Thereisnottry...Straight said he liked it but i doubt he would go BAM cloned..win...personally i think originality is a true winner...hell Miller plays everything soo off the wall with like NOO top tier stuff and still makes it to the final table some times...and thats more respectable to me than cloning or HAVING to use the top tier crap...thats why metas get stagnant and boring cuz people lose originality and sacrifice it for attempted greatness...if its a good lookin squad compliment away but dont be a cop out and go well i dont wanna have to work for the win and build a squad..*click* Autopilot lol hence competitive gettin boring...honestly have had more fun stayin away from 200 the way its pushed and tensed around there lol but its w/es...lmao

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:52 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Your welcome Shawn i remembered you said somethin about wantin to work black sun again so (Emiril BAM) there ya go lol i was hopin to premier it myself and you go holy balls i like it..but its w/e...gratitude or no gratitude sarcasm or no sarcasm oh well you cant argue with the fact that its a good squad so thats why gratitude and sarcasm have no bearing...yall gotta deal with vong anyway XD lol so im the least of yalls worries XD lol but in any case your welcome hope you enjoyed it buddy =)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:56 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

You know the first steep to adjustment are playing the squad then go from there to adjust just because I played a squad got to the top table doesn't mean i'm done with the squad no i'm going to work on it more don't be a jack ass for real think of it as a compliment and don't be rude, I was going to work on it more but thanks for ruining the concept of a good idea and a great faction

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:00 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

AcheronFate wrote:
It is a compliment to compliment it to totally clone it is an insult to the spirit of things to me...i mean jesus at least give it a personal spin or something...oh look thats the squad that did good.."DIBS" oh look i won...on to the next list..lol thats not even close to fun...thats the same stang over and over and over lol if someone wants to compliment it thats fine...Thereisnottry...Straight said he liked it but i doubt he would go BAM cloned..win...personally i think originality is a true winner...hell Miller plays everything soo off the wall with like NOO top tier stuff and still makes it to the final table some times...and thats more respectable to me than cloning or HAVING to use the top tier crap...thats why metas get stagnant and boring cuz people lose originality and sacrifice it for attempted greatness...if its a good lookin squad compliment away but dont be a cop out and go well i dont wanna have to work for the win and build a squad..*click* Autopilot lol hence competitive gettin boring...honestly have had more fun stayin away from 200 the way its pushed and tensed around there lol but its w/es...lmao

If your calling me out for "Netdecking" in minis your pretty gravely mistaken. If you want to take the time to do it there have been very few OR squads posted in event reports or Squad builder that haven't had my name attached to it. Last time I checked OR is quickly receeding back in the power scale and I'm the only one here that is actively working with the faction at this point in time. (Or at least being public about it). Come to think of it didn't you play LoGOWKey???

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:03 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

1 i did take it as a compliment lmao i said there somewhere in there XD 2 playtesting is for adjusting not tourneys 3 lol it wasnt rude to say some originality wouldnt kill anyone lmao and 4 the CONCEPT is FAR from dead lol im tinkering on another version as we speak lol and im not really a jack ass..just more of an original realist...lmao but thanks for the compliments =) i did think that squad was beastly. =) anyone drop diplomats on ya? its good at gettin around those too

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:10 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

You know say what you wish but i'm done with your bull stang but for my future reference I will not make any comments our adjustment to a squad posted by you our your alias bfbh. So i'm done with this

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:10 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

uummm No actually i didnt...if you recall i was pairing gowk with mace a week or two BEFORE that tourney thanks very much =) and idrc about OR or this or that lmao i never mentioned names now did i??...so where did i call anyone out?? Guilty consciences anyone ..anyone? lmfao i mean really without bastila crutch the OR dont really have a chance lol as where its possible to build other factions that take out gowk and mace..i know..ive done it in playtesting...do i worry ..not really...lol bc once again...yall gotta deal with vong lmfao...i mean i have all the time in the world to argue this and just sit here and be right..but i have real things to do today XD like take enthusiastic walks in the woods XD swm is really a fun game =D lol and come to think of it i have publicly talked about this..i mean this technically WAS an OR squad thanks to bastila..and i made that pretty neat Elite Gunner squad lmao I just know how to play good Minis and OR is hurtin right now so why try it competively XD lol but its w/es bout what i play cuz it will lose to vong XD lol o0o0o omg guys...vong won a 7 person 2 dollar tourney...OH golly jee what the french toast do we do with that XD yea i dont like vong..but hell go for it Elwell lol