logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: 200 pt. tournament in Owensboro, KY
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:10 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

10 players, and as Dean predicted, a lot of Rebels running around. This was my squad:

Vader's Apprentice, Redeemed
Han in Stormtrooper Armor
Yoda of Dagobah
Obi Wan Unleashed
Ugnaught x5
Wookiee Freedom Fighter x1
C3P0 & R2-D2

Round 1
This was almost a "mirror match" except my opponent had alot more Ugnaughts with a Boss and no Han Solo. The game went to time and I was ahead in Gambit. I felt kind of bad about it but I had 6 characters left to activate when the clock was down to 10 seconds and so I decided to move each one. It took the full 10 seconds to complete all the moves (I didn't intentionally stall), but some of my opponent's moves with his Ugnaughts earlier in the game took as long as 3 minutes. Even if we'd had to play one more round I would have moved them anyway.
I made one mistake during the game, too; I moved Yoda to within 6 of my opponent's Obi-Wan but forgot to Stun. Oops!

1-0

Round 2
My opponent had Loda, R2, a Rebel Cart, and a Golan Turret, BH Dengar and RS Obi. It was a close game in the first three rounds but the winning moment came when my Yoda Force Defensed his Obi's Force Spirit, and then he rolled a 4 for his Dengar save when the RTC was defeated. Ouch!

2-0

Round 3
Played against a 5-man band on Rancor Pit (my map). Han in Armor, Boba BH, Aurra Sing, Luke Hoth Pilot, and VSA. When Obi dropped to 60 HP I moved him around a wall and let him spend the next 4 rounds healing himself. R2P0's Draw Fire/Disruptive came in very handy too because my opponent that game couldn't Charging Fire my characters at close range. On the 4th round I moved Yoda to within 6 of his Boba, Aurra, and VSA, and managed to Stun Boba 3 times out of 4. (He won initiative on the fourth consecutive round.) The game went to time but once again I was in the lead. He actually conceded when he realized my Obi could move 14 squares and attack his Luke for the kill.

3-0

The great thing about my squad was that I don't think I lost more than 1 piece all 3 games total. Obi died in the first game which was fine because Yoda needed a major Defense/Stun boost. Force Push 4 with Yoda's Force Battery is just too great. I would have run Luke Hoth Pilot instead of VSA, except I don't have him yet. But after using the VSA I'm not sure I want to use Luke. I guess I'll just see how the local game scene develops.

Other players there had B&B variants, and one had a Nom Bomb team with a Felucian Warrior on Rancor. Disruptive killed it, or so I'm told.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg