SWMGAMERS.com Forums
http://swmgamers.com/forums/

Tournament in La Porte Nov. 12
http://swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=106&t=14319
Page 2 of 3

Author:  TimmerB123 [ Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Tournament in La Porte Nov. 12

all right - so who (if anyone) is going down Friday night? I'd like to go do some extra gaming ( I do have Friday night off work), but it won't make much sense if I am the only one.

Eric, Jason - are you guys coming down Friday? If so, are you getting a hotel? If so, can I pitch in to grab a spot on the floor in a sleeping bag?

Let me know. :)

Author:  TimmerB123 [ Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Tournament in La Porte Nov. 12

Another Epic question:

Is activation control allowed?

Author:  urbanjedi [ Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Tournament in La Porte Nov. 12

I would assume yes if you want to waste 1 of your commander effects on dodonna/ozzel/san

Author:  urbanjedi [ Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Tournament in La Porte Nov. 12

@Tim

I know Eric isn't coming at all (kids) and I will probably only be there for Sat.

Author:  TimmerB123 [ Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tournament in La Porte Nov. 12

what side of mass transit III is legal? (At least I think it's "mass transit III")

Strike Force Carrier or PX-119 Longarm-Class Enforcer?

Author:  The_Celestial_Warrior [ Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tournament in La Porte Nov. 12

TimmerB123 wrote:
Another Epic question:

Is activation control allowed?



Originally I had thought the answer to this was "no", given the limited activation environment. Checking what I have been using as the "official rules", the Coolection thread made no such mention.

However, given what I feel is the spirit of the format I am going with "No, activation control is not allowed"

Author:  The_Celestial_Warrior [ Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tournament in La Porte Nov. 12

TimmerB123 wrote:
what side of mass transit III is legal? (At least I think it's "mass transit III")

Strike Force Carrier or PX-119 Longarm-Class Enforcer?



Technically, neither side is legal until a Floor Rules update. Since so few have bothered to do any playtesting for me, I have decided to make this year's new maps the only ones playable. If it's not in the Floor Rules you can use it. That's six maps total.

Author:  The_Celestial_Warrior [ Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tournament in La Porte Nov. 12

TimmerB123 wrote:
all right - so who (if anyone) is going down Friday night? I'd like to go do some extra gaming ( I do have Friday night off work), but it won't make much sense if I am the only one.

Eric, Jason - are you guys coming down Friday? If so, are you getting a hotel? If so, can I pitch in to grab a spot on the floor in a sleeping bag?

Let me know. :)



Tim, if all you wanted was room for a sleeping bag, plenty of space at my place. If it's a warm sleeping bag we can even set up one of the beds downstairs.

Plenty of sense in one person coming down for casual gaming as that would make at least 2, plus maybe Shawn would swing by for a bit.

Author:  TimmerB123 [ Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tournament in La Porte Nov. 12

The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
what side of mass transit III is legal? (At least I think it's "mass transit III")

Strike Force Carrier or PX-119 Longarm-Class Enforcer?



Technically, neither side is legal until a Floor Rules update. Since so few have bothered to do any playtesting for me, I have decided to make this year's new maps the only ones playable. If it's not in the Floor Rules you can use it. That's six maps total.


That's what I meant - legal for this tournament. I figured you were using this to help playtest the new ones, and that's cool. I just didn't know if you'd already ruled any out.


The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
all right - so who (if anyone) is going down Friday night? I'd like to go do some extra gaming ( I do have Friday night off work), but it won't make much sense if I am the only one.

Eric, Jason - are you guys coming down Friday? If so, are you getting a hotel? If so, can I pitch in to grab a spot on the floor in a sleeping bag?

Let me know. :)



Tim, if all you wanted was room for a sleeping bag, plenty of space at my place. If it's a warm sleeping bag we can even set up one of the beds downstairs.

Plenty of sense in one person coming down for casual gaming as that would make at least 2, plus maybe Shawn would swing by for a bit.


I'll PM you about this.

Author:  Grand Moff Boris [ Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tournament in La Porte Nov. 12

I don't misword stuff. :P

Three commander effects means three cards with the words Commander Effects in big letters at the bottom of the card. The number of sentences written under the heading is irrelevant. :D

Author:  TimmerB123 [ Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Tournament in La Porte Nov. 12

The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
Another Epic question:

Is activation control allowed?



Originally I had thought the answer to this was "no", given the limited activation environment. Checking what I have been using as the "official rules", the Coolection thread made no such mention.

However, given what I feel is the spirit of the format I am going with "No, activation control is not allowed"


I have no problem with this whatsoever. I have thought a bit about it, and with the 3 commander rule, as Jason pointed out - it actually cost you a lot in game terms to put in ozzel/san/dodanna.

I would be willing to bet nobody would want to bring it anyway in this format. It makes your team weaker. I racked my brain trying to come up with a competitive squad that contained one of them, but I think it's better without.

Anyway - just a conversation point. I wouldn't want to use them anyway in this format.

Author:  Grand Moff Boris [ Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Tournament in La Porte Nov. 12

If you bring "activation control," you are wasting a commander slot. I have used it and played against it and I don't really feel a rule prohibiting it is necessary - it hates itself out of the format.

Author:  urbanjedi [ Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Tournament in La Porte Nov. 12

At 3 commanders I am sure it does. But is that the right number? Is 4 or 5 commanders more fun/balanced? I think that unlimited commanders is the wrong way to go. That is why we play these things. We can see what Jim comes up with in PA with unlimited vs what we come up with in Laporte vs what Dennis has come up with as well.

Author:  The_Celestial_Warrior [ Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tournament in La Porte Nov. 12

urbanjedi wrote:
At 3 commanders I am sure it does. But is that the right number? Is 4 or 5 commanders more fun/balanced? I think that unlimited commanders is the wrong way to go. That is why we play these things. We can see what Jim comes up with in PA with unlimited vs what we come up with in Laporte vs what Dennis has come up with as well.



My rules are the same as Dennis'

Author:  urbanjedi [ Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tournament in La Porte Nov. 12

Yep. so 2 tourneys where we get to see if 3 is enough and 1 where we get to see if unlimited is too many. Can't just play one tourney and call it a test.

Author:  The_Celestial_Warrior [ Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tournament in La Porte Nov. 12

urbanjedi wrote:
Yep. so 2 tourneys where we get to see if 3 is enough and 1 where we get to see if unlimited is too many. Can't just play one tourney and call it a test.



Ah....your use of "vs." threw me...

Author:  TimmerB123 [ Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tournament in La Porte Nov. 12

We'll see if we all show up with the same squad. Or at least similar.

Author:  The_Celestial_Warrior [ Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tournament in La Porte Nov. 12

Updated front page.

Author:  urbanjedi [ Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tournament in La Porte Nov. 12

Did we drop the Death Star Trench run or is that something you wanted to try and do Fri night at yer place?

Author:  urbanjedi [ Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Tournament in La Porte Nov. 12

Tim Ballard won this with an OR squad
Hoth
Boba BH
Revan
Jedi crusader
Bastilla
Zuckuss BH
Master Thon
and some other stuff I don't remember

I finished third with Tank II
Teranterak
GOWK
Luminara
Bariss
R2 Astro
Mace R+R
Panaka
Atris
3x Echani
Mas
Filler

Jake K finished 2nd with Vong (didn't see the squad)

Bryan Hole had a Sith squad
Epic Bane
Revan
Boba BH
Swapping Palps
Zannah
3x sith inquisitors
Other stuff I don't remember

Will Piggot came with Sith
Epic Bane
Revan
Exar
2x Leviathon
Cad Bane
Filler

Brad had a NR squad
Epic Mara
Fake Epic Luke
Jaina
Leia
Winter
Han GH
2x Gray Jedi
other stuff

Mike Giles
Sorry Mike don't remember your squad.

Page 2 of 3 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/