logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:36 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I'm already looking forward to the new set; it's going to be rebel on rebel action for a couple months in constructed builds. Only a few brave souls will choose a fringe faction at this point.

Archives of the Gamers Jedi
is designed to be your official source for in-game rules questions!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:11 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

I think Boba is outclassed by a lot of stuff out there now.

He falls so fast when any kind of decent beat gets near him and now with Force Push he's a huge point liability if you lose map.

I'm almost to the point where I'd say dont play him.

I'm also concerned how you keep Yoda within 6 of Boba to get the extra saves when he's been pushed.

you'd almost have to be adjacent to remain within 6 from someone with Force Push 4.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:56 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

Personally, I think all the Force Powers should have a range on them and the amount of Force Renewal given to these pieces may be overkill. IMO Luke Skywalker, Hoth Pilot Unleashed should've not been given Force Renewal.

Granted it takes them some rounds to get enough points to use their Powers, but Force Renewal + Force Battery (Yoda of Dagobah, etc) can be deadly. Also, Force Push 4 lack of range is too much and kinda 'kill' the game for me.

I liked Rebel and Alliance because it help balance the sets a little more and opened up the options a little more. Force Unleashed has a lot of good options for the game, but to me it took a step backwards in development with Force Push 4. Sure, you have counters to it like Vong and Thrawn. However, what else is out there (Maybe CS Yoda)? The competitive squad selections seem a little more limited.

As for the Thrawn Force Bubble I think the Rebels can counter it by adding Rebel Vanguard with Luke, Hoth Pilot and/or Apprentice Redeemed with Yoda of Dagobah.

James 1:17
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:01 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

I've played a few games using a few of the new force powers (out of two cases I didn't get a single Force Push user). I've found that when playing someone who knows waht they are doing, It is exteremely difficult to get out one huge force attack, much less two. Like rushing the opponent pretty much neuters force repulse. not many players are going to set of repulse and kill three of their own peices to finish of (Beatstick). They can work to get their own peices out of the way, but that is easily countered too. On a side note, I'm really excited about the new Boba. I managed to take down Vader U and Shaak ti in a booster draft styled match. (I was playing against my brother over thanksgiving break after my cases arrived) However, a friend of mine played him foolishly and I took him out with OR troopers...

keeping on the general topic, I would rather use the vong than rely on Thrawns bubble, since Yuuzhan Vong are by far my favorite species in SW

What is G&G exactly, I haven't heard that abrieviation before...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:08 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

hey_yu wrote:
Granted it takes them some rounds to get enough points to use their Powers, but Force Renewal + Force Battery (Yoda of Dagobah, etc) can be deadly. Also, Force Push 4 lack of range is too much and kinda 'kill' the game for me.

The easier counter is placing an ugnaught as the legal target each round for force push. You counter it the same way you would counter any 30-40dmg shooters without accurate shot. We have had lots of glass cannon shooters without accurate before - you counter this in the same way.

Take the hits where you want them. "Killing the game" is just a silly overreaction. You need to play a few games before you make such statements.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:45 pm 

I think that the best counter for FPush4 is right under our noses... the Caamasi Noble w/a stealth character. Because of the rules combo, this means that neither of them can be targeted without accurate... or in the case of SS, at all. NBs may have become competitive at this point. On the other hand, you can always pull a Shaak Ti/BBSV/MSG combo to eliminate the threat of Disint and FPush. Throw in Yoda CS for crazy rerolling. But honestly, I believe that we will see 2 rebel squads step forward as gatekeepers like B&B... not unbeatable, but another one of the squads that you *MUST* prepare to meet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:27 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

That's true. Depa, mabe. Leia, hell no. I like the squad dean, and I think you do have a point that it is better now than it was before, to counter all those force-users.

http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee