logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Dragoncon saturday
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:59 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

There will be a 200 point tourney this saturday at dragoncon at 4pm in the gaming area. Top 8 win customs from vset 1 and 2. $5 entry. Hope to see some of you there.

Post subject: Re: Dragoncon saturday
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:38 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I had a great time at this event and I learned a few things that I will be dealing with later. For one thing, don't assume that just because everyone on the rules/design teams says they all understand the flavor that it will actually end up working the way it was intended lol. Secondly, don't ever tell anyone that something doesn't work the way you intended while at a tournament. Haha.

That said, I played a Sith squad with the new Maul, Zannah, and Jaq. I lost my first game (out of 4 rounds played), and only because I made more play mistakes than my opponent did. NO ONE had OR, Rebels, or Vong. I don't recall seeing any Mandos on the table either. There were ALOT of Sith squads, though, and one Imperial team. Of course, Weeks had Republic with Jusik, which he did well with. Luckily for him he never faced me. :lol: :fight:

I will write a full report later. Thanks guys for putting on a great event! :D

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:26 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
For one thing, don't assume that just because everyone on the rules/design teams says they all understand the flavor that it will actually end up working the way it was intended lol. Secondly, don't ever tell anyone that something doesn't work the way you intended while at a tournament. Haha.

Interesting - can you give more details?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:59 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
I had a great time at this event and I learned a few things that I will be dealing with later. For one thing, don't assume that just because everyone on the rules/design teams says they all understand the flavor that it will actually end up working the way it was intended lol. Secondly, don't ever tell anyone that something doesn't work the way you intended while at a tournament. Haha.

LOL. Leave it to the Atlanta players to find a weird unintended ruling. :D

I'm assuming you're talking about the Winter/Double Attack interaction? Or was there another thing that came up?

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:51 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Echo wrote:
I'm assuming you're talking about the Winter/Double Attack interaction?

Wracking my brain, but not seeing anything so far. Hmm...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:53 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Echo wrote:
Grand Moff Boris wrote:

LOL. Leave it to the Atlanta players to find a weird unintended ruling. :D

I'm assuming you're talking about the Winter/Double Attack interaction? Or was there another thing that came up?

There were multiple issues. I'd rather not start a public debate. :)

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:56 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

swinefeld wrote:
Echo wrote:
I'm assuming you're talking about the Winter/Double Attack interaction?

Wracking my brain, but not seeing anything so far. Hmm...

Haha, it's an interesting one. I'll go post about it in the rules forum.

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:58 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I think the ruling is correct, just not what was intended in design. At least, I would have pushed for a lot higher cost given the combo it creates.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:00 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
I think the ruling is correct, just not what was intended in design. At least, I would have pushed for a lot higher cost given the combo it creates.

Ah, ok. It's funny, because we totally playtested it that way, and just figured everybody knew that was how it worked. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:01 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Echo wrote:
Grand Moff Boris wrote:

Ah, ok. It's funny, because we totally playtested it that way, and just figured everybody knew that was how it worked. :lol:

Winter was one of the last pieces done and by the time she went to testing I was pulling what few follicles of hair I had left out trying to balance the epic cards as much as possible. :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:04 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
Echo wrote:
Grand Moff Boris wrote:

Winter was one of the last pieces done and by the time she went to testing I was pulling what few follicles of hair I had left out trying to balance the epic cards as much as possible. :)

It's ok Dennis, I just read the thread, and you seem to be the only one who was confused by that. I knew exactly how it was supposed to work and designed her that way. The main point of "decoy" is that you are going to have to kill both of them to ensure you get the real one, as you never know who you are attacking for "real". Double/Triple/Extra allow it to be used at any time. Twin however, does not. Exactly as intended by me.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:06 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

billiv15 wrote:
Grand Moff Boris wrote:
Echo wrote:
Grand Moff Boris wrote:

It's ok Dennis, I just read the thread, and you seem to be the only one who was confused by that. I knew exactly how it was supposed to work and designed her that way. The main point of "decoy" is that you are going to have to kill both of them to ensure you get the real one, as you never know who you are attacking for "real". Double/Triple/Extra allow it to be used at any time. Twin however, does not. Exactly as intended by me.

This really isn't the place for this discussion. I just think the combo is too cheap. Let Leia get hit and then Winter gets bonus damage while she soaks up additional hits.

But what's done is done.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:12 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

If it makes leia jk and wedge teams usable I say go for it. NR could use a different squad at top tier