Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

So today was the FU release at my LGS. I pulled for my rares:

Obi-wan, unleashed. :D
And, luke, hoth pilot unleashed! :shock:

Tell me that isn't awesome?

And for my huges I pulled a:
troop cart
and a GOLAN TURRET! ( it's only exciting in a gambit game )

I used my two rares and huges, and filled in the points with a mon cal medic, a darktrooper, and an evo trooper.

The first game I played against: Boba, Kota, a junk golem, ugnuaght tech, and a raxus prime trooper. It was a close game. I killed boba and the junk golem, and Obi-wan ended up pushing Kota into a pit in the power regulation chamber. ( rots map ) It was a very good game, and very close.

The second game my opponent had: an elite hoth trooper, ozzel, VA, redeemed, rebel vangaurd, verpine tech, imperial navy trooper, a junk golem, a diplomat, and i forget what else. This game was even closer, and I managed to come out ahead in the last 2 rounds. Before that it was far too close to tell who would win. It came down to my half-dead luke, medic, troop cart, darktrooper, and evo trooper. He had a damaged VA left with I think another trooper or somthing left. He concided with about 5 minuets left. ( he didn't have enough force points for any push moves, so he couldn't have won. )

So by now, I've made it into the finals ( only 7 people showed up ). How did I do? I don't know. I haven't played in it yet. My opponent has ozzel, leia, and some troopers. I have better rares, but he outactivates me and is a little more skilled, though I am very close behind. It will be very close, but I think I have the upper hand.

http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:27 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Thanks. The final round I'll be playing this Friday. We ran out of time for the night after the 2nd round, so we are doing it then. I have a good chance at winning! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:52 am 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

Good luck, and make sure you let us know how you do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:30 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Alright. So I played in the finals, and I

lost. I made some mistakes, and I made some poor plays, but it was close throughout the game. ( The final score ended up being 149 to 150. ) If my golan turret had survived one round, I would have won the game, because of that gamibt. Or at least tied. But my opponent had an uggernaught and a telosian tank droid, and that just hurts. Twin 20 damage attackers kill the turret. He also rolled 2 20's with 20 damage dealing figs, so the turret got taken out fast. I for some reason decided not to kill ozzel ( a big mistake, because it would have helped to kill him earlier ) My shooters went down, and he had more activations. Ozzel was dead by then, but it was a hard match. I ended up outactivated and outside of gambit by the end of the last round, so I lost.

It was a fun tourney, and I think I took the last round less seariously. I don't think I really regret it, because I had fun. I was shaking and nervous in the first two rounds, but I eased up in the last one. Not because of overconfidence, but I geuss because I was in the finals, and that's most of the battle getting there, so I could relax. I got 15 in store credit, and my opponent got 35. And I used the credit on my case, and it was a damn good case. So it was a great experience. Mabe I'll win the tourney next time. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:15 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Yeah. My loss was close, and I won free stuff and I got a great case. I'll do better next time. And sorry for the wait, I had to actually play the game. :lol: