logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: M.G.M. - Miniatures Gaming Mayhem-- EVENT CANCELED
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:31 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I wasn't being "condescending." I think your reaction was a little over the top. Sorry I didn't see your comment. I have no idea where La Porte is.

Thanks though, for acknowledging that Coolecticon is an established event that MGM took potential players away from and then choosing to have your event anyway after all the criticism. It pisses me off a little that you "condescendingly" think your event can ease the sting of not having MGM more than ours would.

Good luck with La Porte (wherever that is).

EDIT: You could have just arranged to come to Coolecticon. You still can. Then we might be able to attend your event held at a different date.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:04 pm 
Major Tierce
Major Tierce

Yep, I know that I for one cannot change my plans for time off on 3-4 weeks notice (sched is usually done and up by now). There is a good chance I can get off the time to go to Laporte (woulda been MGM) but have zero chance of getting the following weekend off for Coolecticon either way. I assume that there are some others in the same boat as me.

Since we hadn't heard anything I was just assuming Coolecticon was canceled for whatever reason and that MGM was replacing it. Just call over to the convention and tell them you can bring 5 extra people if they switch to a week earlier Dennis and I'm sure they will agree no problem :)

It is unfortunate that MGM was canceled but now people have 2 different things they can go to (so maybe those who couldn't go to MGM will go to Coolecticon) and those planning on MGM will come up to La Porte .

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:39 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

urbanjedi wrote:
Yep, I know that I for one cannot change my plans for time off on 3-4 weeks notice (sched is usually done and up by now). There is a good chance I can get off the time to go to Laporte (woulda been MGM) but have zero chance of getting the following weekend off for Coolecticon either way. I assume that there are some others in the same boat as me.

Since we hadn't heard anything I was just assuming Coolecticon was canceled for whatever reason and that MGM was replacing it. Just call over to the convention and tell them you can bring 5 extra people if they switch to a week earlier Dennis and I'm sure they will agree no problem :)

It is unfortunate that MGM was canceled but now people have 2 different things they can go to (so maybe those who couldn't go to MGM will go to Coolecticon) and those planning on MGM will come up to La Porte .

I was planning on having Coolecticon back at regionals and Les and I talked about it some there. Oct-Nov is difficult for me to schedule because of work and before I know it VA has an event on the only Oct date I had open and then Ray has MGM scheduled for November. I told Ray I was canceling Coolecticon for that reason. We just thought that now that MGM is over we would have our event again. Didnt mean to cause anyone problems.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:58 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Dark_Jedi_21 wrote:
urbanjedi wrote:

I was planning on having Coolecticon back at regionals and Les and I talked about it some there. Oct-Nov is difficult for me to schedule because of work and before I know it VA has an event on the only Oct date I had open and then Ray has MGM scheduled for November. I told Ray I was canceling Coolecticon for that reason. We just thought that now that MGM is over we would have our event again. Didnt mean to cause anyone problems.

No worries, the irritation was a knee-jerk reaction, as I tried to explain earlier. I got over it, the only reason I am still choosing to run the event is because it is on the SAME weekend that MGM was and many people had already made plans to attend (Tim B. especially) and can not arrange for the following weekend.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:16 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

We would have liked to have used the same date as MGM as well for that purpose but my work schedule put a stop to that. Hope you have a great turnout.