All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:10 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

NickName wrote:
Quote:
The thing that would concern me more is an opponent bringing in the MTB with Lobot just to counter mine. That is the one reason I probably won't put him in the main build, more than San.

If you've built around the MTB, you probably have a lot of activations. Squads that bring him will almost certainly be MTB + Ugo x4 which means 5 additional activations tops. Most Lobot squads start with low activations to begin with so they aren't likely to top you. This will force them to play more aggressively because time is on your side.

Bottom line, I think a prepared MTB squad will still have the advantage over a reinforcements MTB squad (thought I think there will be cases where MTB as reinforcements will be valuable, or increase your odds over the alternative.)

I actually reworked my 200 pt. "Luke and Yoda" squad (as posted on this site's 200 pt. squad critique page) to include Lobot. It allows me to bring the MTB when I think I need it, or I can just grab Wicket to complement my squad of Ewoks instead.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:20 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

That sounds like a wicked squad, Boris.

I've played against the MTB and against Yuke, but not both together. Ouch!

She giveth, and she taketh away.

Post subject: Re: Best counter to the MTB.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:37 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Gonk+MTB is a very nice combo as you can sac the gonk to kill off the MTB and stop the killing of your pieces/opponent's reserves.
A squad that is prepared to use an MTB will usually spend a lot of points on fodder, around 5-10 ewoks/ugos allows for you to control the game for a very long time, and if the MTB squad uses lobot you can sac his reinforcements and prevent your opponent getting points from it for a bit.

Post subject: Re: Best counter to the MTB.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:03 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

When I am playing the MTB I always bring the Gonk. It is better than the Boss + ugos. And you have to have a way to kill your own MTB. That means either Self-Destruct or some other ability allowing you to defeat your own pieces (I personally like Pawn of the Dark Side/Transfer Essence). If you are bringing the boss you spent 15 points on a piece that you cannot sac. You get 2 extra rounds by putting in a gonk and an ugo for the same price. Anyway that is my 2 cents, you also dont blow up on your opponents that way though.

ImageImage