logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: M.G.M. - Miniatures Gaming Mayhem-- EVENT CANCELED
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:15 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

As announced on the SHNN tonight, we are having an event the second weekend of November, 12-13, in the St. Louis area! Matt Spry and I are working on details, but we just want to get the word out as soon as possible so people can start planning. Whenever I have more info, I will update this thread, as well as make a Facebook event for it. I hope to see many people there!

UPDATED WITH STORE INFORMATION!
Dizzy Dugout
121 E Main St
(Highway 159 at Main Street)
Collinsville IL, 62234 USA

https://sites.google.com/site/dizzydugoutcollinsville/n

More info on the way for the events, cost, etc.

Post subject: Re: M.G.M. - Miniatures Gaming Mayhem, St. Louis Nov 12-13, 2011
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:59 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

dvader831 wrote:
As announced on the SHNN tonight, we are having an event the second weekend of November, 12-13, in the St. Louis area! Matt Spry and I are working on details, but we just want to get the word out as soon as possible so people can start planning. Whenever I have more info, I will update this thread, as well as make a Facebook event for it. I hope to see many people there!

Awww yeah. I taked with Matt about this at GenCon, I am stoked. I know Ben J will be excited too. I should talk to you guys about doing a Royal Rumble there that weekend in addition to other fun stuff. I am all about packing as much fun in as possible. Mini GenCon!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:10 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

You know, Atlanta is one of the LEAST centrally located place with a large SWM group. But we are probably still going to try to be at both the Virginia event in October AND this one.

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:17 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

+1
I've already sent out an e-mail to the scattered remnants of the So. IL group.
Only a 2 hour drive, plus I have family in the area. Really hope I can make it up there that weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:47 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

You guys dont have to go out of your way to do something special for my birthday like that.

I feel so loved! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Im going to try to be there.

Wotc GTL: 52ish
Gamers GTL: 2 (dalsiandon, urbanjedi)

fingersandteeth wrote:
Also t4 for override and a cheeky flame.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:57 am 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

TimmerB123 wrote:
I know Ben J will be excited too.

Whoooooo!!!!!!!!!! Time for some Toasted Ravioli, Schlafly Beer, Ted Drewe's Frozen Custard, and re-rolling hits with Mace to try to get crits!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:01 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I have been spreading the word and I will be in attendance.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:08 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

I'd like to come down for this, but it's after MLB season is over, so no Cardinals game :D

Oh well, there is always the after tourney dinner at Pujols!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:30 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

buttcabbge wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
I know Ben J will be excited too.

Whoooooo!!!!!!!!!! Time for some Toasted Ravioli, Schlafly Beer, Ted Drewe's Frozen Custard, and re-rolling hits with Mace to try to get crits!!!!!!

That other stuff sounds good too. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:34 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

I'd like to try to make this.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:21 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Wow some response, I'm already getting excited. I am working on a venue search and should get a moment to look at some locations tomorrow which will be nice.

Tim- I'm planning a potential Royal Rumble, Mos Eisley Meltdown laid out every person there with a team, should be INSANE!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:16 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

spryguy1981 wrote:
Wow some response, I'm already getting excited. I am working on a venue search and should get a moment to look at some locations tomorrow which will be nice.

Tim- I'm planning a potential Royal Rumble, Mos Eisley Meltdown laid out every person there with a team, should be INSANE!!!!!

That sounds really cool, and I would definitely be in for that, but I am talking about the official "Royal Rumble" format. I'd be happy to demo it for you guys after hours or whatever.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:19 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I will try and make this as well. The "official" royal rumble format is a must for anyone who has already played it. If I can make it and if your planning on doing the royal rumble I will be the judge for that event. It would be tremendous to work on royal rumble here and get everyone stoked about the possible royal rumble at gen con 2012. I don't have vassle and have never used it since I do all my online stuff from my iPod which is very limited but I wonder if it's possible to set the royal rumble up on vassle as a way to teach others who havnt played it yet. Just a question for the vassle guys I guess.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:52 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

If I can make it, I am up for ANY formats, but I have yet to try the "official" Royal Rumble, which as I understand it is an arena brawl between 3-4 opponents using 3 sets of dynamic duo squads each, one squad at a time, bringing in the next when the previous one has been defeated.

If it is something different, someone kindly bump a thread or riposte :P the rules. I'd like to be prepared. :saber:

And there should be an Epic duos version of this at some point. :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:50 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

swinefeld wrote:
If I can make it, I am up for ANY formats, but I have yet to try the "official" Royal Rumble, which as I understand it is an arena brawl between 3-4 opponents using 3 sets of dynamic duo squads each, one squad at a time, bringing in the next when the previous one has been defeated.

If it is something different, someone kindly bump a thread or riposte :P the rules. I'd like to be prepared. :saber:

And there should be an Epic duos version of this at some point. :D

you have the basic rules down. Played in ratatak arena, 3 sets of dynamic duos but doesn't have to be 100 pnts even (can be under) and no faction restrictions for these squads. You get points for the pieces that you kill and if you are the last man standing then add the points of your remaining characters to your victory pnts. Targeting rules: Assuming you don't have accurate shot. You can target the nearest enemy of either opponent. The four door ways in the arena are your starting locations roll at begining and winner picks there side first. Bring out your first squad in secret. (as I can see your 3 squads but have no idea which squad your bringing in first. Everyone reveals which squad is first at the same time. IMO this is the best and most fair way to play multiplayer. As creator of this format I may have a biased opinion though. Hope that explains everything.

Ps. We have done an epic royal rumble once. With that we randomly grabbed 3 epics each and had 1 epic in each of our squads. (obviously up to 200 pnts instead of 100). But I would like to try that again to see if we can think of interesting ideas with no faction restrictions

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:12 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I will be there too . I'll look forward to hearing the schedule.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:17 am 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

For those of you who didn't listen to the SHNN show last night, here's a quick update. Matt is still trying to find our venue, but it will be nailed down soon. The events we'll be having are pretty much set in stone, but I'll just let everyone get a glimpse of this one.

Quote:
Epic Skirmish
Many people have wanted to use the Epic characters in a different format than just the Epic Duos at Gencon, so at MGM we will having the Epic Skirmish Battles! The squads for this event will be constructed as follows.
-- Your squad can be up to 500 points, having one selected Epic character, and with a maximum of 16 characters after Reinforcements, (although any pieces obtained through Reserves may increase this number), and up to 3 useable Commander Effects (you may have more than three characters with Commander Effects, but only three of them may be used, and they must be declared before the tournament begins). For this format, Mas Amedda and Bastila Shan, Jedi Master will count as characters with Commander Effects.
-- You may not use any characters' abilities which modify the amount of characters you activate in a phase, but those characters may be in your squad.
-- Disintegration will not be allowed.
-- The map list for this event will be Open! However, two maps are not allowed: Korriban (WOTC version) and the Endor Shield Generator.
-- Now, it was mentioned that your squad will have an Epic character in it. However, the event will be as random as Epic Duos was at GenCon, and your Epic character, and therefore faction for the event, will be randomly selected! For anyone wanting to participate, you will need to contact either Matt Spry (spryguy1981) or myself through a PM here on Gamers or Facebook. One of the two of us will randomly select your Epic character (Terentatek counts as Sith, Phantom Menace may be any of his factions), so we will have a huge variety of squads on the field. You may ask for us to select your Epic character at any time. And don't worry, if you don't sign up ahead of time, but still attend, bring some possible factions, and we'll get your Epic for you on Saturday.
- Rounds for this event will be an hour and a half.
So, do you have what it takes to be an Epic Skirmish Champion? Prove it!

Now, please understand there could be some last minute changes to that game style, but I think it should pretty much stay the same. I encourage you to go look at the fun one I made on Bloomilk when I randomly rolled my die, got Luke, and had a blast selecting the characters I would love to see alongside of him.

So, I emptied out a lot of my Inbox, so if you're ready to know your Epic, shoot those PM's (or Facebook messages, or texts, etc.). I can't wait to see you all in a few months!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:20 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Why do these epic events always have to be random draw?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:33 am 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

Dark_Jedi_21 wrote:

B/C from all we've seen, the Vong have a pretty good advantage, due to so many of the Epics being Force based. We want to see a huge range of characters and squads out there. No matter who you get, you can have an absolute blast playing in this.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:36 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

dvader831 wrote:
Dark_Jedi_21 wrote:

B/C from all we've seen, the Vong have a pretty good advantage, due to so many of the Epics being Force based.

At least until....The Ganner.