logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Your Ideal Release Tourny Pull
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:20 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

What is it?

Mine would be Luke, HPU and Obi-Wan. The rest is just filler :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:30 pm 
General
General

It'd be nice to pull Revan, Boba, Luke's Snowspeeder, and the Rancor just to save money collecting the set. :)

As far as playability, I'd like to pull Garm and Han o' Hoth for my Rares, and a Verpine and some 10 damage shooters for my Cs and UCs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:18 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Hmm...I'm thinking Garm and any of the Double/Triple Attackers would be sweet. Garm and a Rancor? LOL. Boba and Garm would be crazy. Intuition out, take 2 shots, move 3 squares back, lol.

I guess I just want one of my boosters to be a VR (except for Han Carbonite). Any of the VRs (except for Hansickle and maybe Chewie) would be decent release tourney pieces.

For the fun aspect? My favorite pull would be Revan and Vader's Apprentice Unleashed. Revan would allow the Apprentice to get set up for Lightning 5 attacks more easily. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:51 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

My LGS's sealed game is only 100 points. I'm not even sure what there are for good rare combos that will be under 100 points. Something like Garm and the Rancor maybe with something decent for Garms extra 30 points.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:59 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

One booster or two, for 100 points? 100 points sealed with 1 booster is boring, IMO. See if you can convince them to change it!

(Actually, the word from WotC is that the Official Release events are supposed to choose between two formats: 100 pts, 2 boosters, no Huges; or 150 pts, 2 boosters, Huges lose Rigid if they have it.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:16 pm 
General
General

Vader, Proxy, Crawler, AT-ST
Shadowguard + troopers

more importantly I want everyone else to pull carts, spiders, chewie, etc. That way I can pull what I want and win the tourney ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:18 pm 
General
General

My ideal is probably Maris and Vader. One sits there holding gambit, the other just tosses his lightsaber around.

My worst would be 2 Han's in Carbonite and 2 of the Brokers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:40 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

For collecting: Vader/Revan, Shaak Ti, Rancor, Luke's Snowspeeder

For playing: Kota, Boba, Uggernaut, another huge Fringe

Worst for playing: Han Carbo with no other Han, Kazdan with no droids, Troop Cart, Knobby White Spider.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:29 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

LoboStele wrote:
One booster or two, for 100 points? 100 points sealed with 1 booster is boring, IMO. See if you can convince them to change it!

(Actually, the word from WotC is that the Official Release events are supposed to choose between two formats: 100 pts, 2 boosters, no Huges; or 150 pts, 2 boosters, Huges lose Rigid if they have it.)

Its 100 points from two boosters. Its not one of the offical release games, just a regular DCI sanctioned limited game that happens to be using FU boosters. I think too many people had trouble with the 120 point total for the A&E sealed game so it was lowered for this. When I first saw the point amount I did try to get it changed since I thought 150 would be ok with a Huge set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:19 am 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Obi-Wan, unleashed and Shaak Ti, JM would be my ideal pull. That'd be soooo sweet! :twisted:

The rest, as they say, is filler.

http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:41 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

homer_sapien wrote:
LoboStele wrote:

Its 100 points from two boosters. Its not one of the offical release games, just a regular DCI sanctioned limited game that happens to be using FU boosters. I think too many people had trouble with the 120 point total for the A&E sealed game so it was lowered for this. When I first saw the point amount I did try to get it changed since I thought 150 would be ok with a Huge set.

See, 120 was too high for A&E, since the average cost was around 8. And there wasn't a fig above 53. Shouldn't be too much of an issue in this set. Huges are at least 20 points, and most of the R/VR are above 30.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:39 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Sithborg wrote:
See, 120 was too high for A&E, since the average cost was around 8. And there wasn't a fig above 53. Shouldn't be too much of an issue in this set. Huges are at least 20 points, and most of the R/VR are above 30.

Really? We've yet to play a sealed (Proxy or standard) with A&E pieces and have anybody use all 14 of their pieces and still not reach 120 points. Sure, a couple people used 12 or 13. I kind of liked the 120 option as it allowed you to run both Rs/VRs, if you happened to pull higher point ones, and still be able to include a few filler pieces.

If you play 2 boosters, 100 points with Force Unleashed, I think you will quickly find that most people will only play with 3 or 4 figures. The cheapest VR is Chewie (not counting Hansickle) at 22 points, and the cheapest huge is the Troop Cart at 15. However, the average points for the VRs is 47 points (including counting Hansickle as 0 points), average for Rs is 29 points, and average for Huges is 37 points. With the averages there, that's 113 points right there, with 1 of each. If you figure two huges pieces, that's an 150 points, and you still have 10 more figures to work into the squad. So, I don't think there should be any problems hitting 150 points with 2 TFU boosters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:20 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

But if you go by what the main site says, if you do 100 with FU, then it says to leave out the huges, so that wouldnt be a big deal. I would almost think you could do a 200with two boosters in this set. It would be too much of a stretch in some cases, but id bet most people could get pretty close.

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:05 am 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

Sithborg wrote:

For my 2 A&E boosters I had a total of 130 points including the Spirit Obi that I couldn't use. My "squad building" for that one consisted of which 4 point piece, Tusken Raider or Mon Cal Tech, I was going to drop to go from 122 points down to 118.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:16 am 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

LoboStele wrote:
Really? We've yet to play a sealed (Proxy or standard) with A&E pieces and have anybody use all 14 of their pieces and still not reach 120 points. Sure, a couple people used 12 or 13. I kind of liked the 120 option as it allowed you to run both Rs/VRs, if you happened to pull higher point ones, and still be able to include a few filler pieces.

If you play 2 boosters, 100 points with Force Unleashed, I think you will quickly find that most people will only play with 3 or 4 figures. The cheapest VR is Chewie (not counting Hansickle) at 22 points, and the cheapest huge is the Troop Cart at 15. However, the average points for the VRs is 47 points (including counting Hansickle as 0 points), average for Rs is 29 points, and average for Huges is 37 points. With the averages there, that's 113 points right there, with 1 of each. If you figure two huges pieces, that's an 150 points, and you still have 10 more figures to work into the squad. So, I don't think there should be any problems hitting 150 points with 2 TFU boosters.

100 points would have been better for A&E. I pulled 2 VR for my boosters and only had 19 points from them including the 8 for the unusable Obi. My 18 point Rebel Leader was the highest point piece I had. I know somebody else there didn't even hit 120 with all her pieces. She had Wicket and the Hang Glider for her 2 rares.

For this one I made the arguement that this set has a lot of higher point R/VR plus the 2 huges we'd be getting but the store owner decided to stick with 100 still. I know back when we got the week 3 preview on Wizards I joked that the 2 preview pieces, Reven and the Rebel with the 30 damage missles, could end up as somebodies squad next week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:28 am 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

Sithdragon13 wrote:
But if you go by what the main site says, if you do 100 with FU, then it says to leave out the huges, so that wouldnt be a big deal. I would almost think you could do a 200with two boosters in this set. It would be too much of a stretch in some cases, but id bet most people could get pretty close.

I don't think what the main site says matters for mine. There's maybe 1 or 2 others from my LGS who will even see that. Snce we're not one of the official release events we're following the normal limited rules of build to the point total from whatever is in the boosters, whith the huges losing rigid. Next week after I get home from the game I'll post what I played and the total points of what I pull.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:43 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

homer_sapien wrote:
100 points would have been better for A&E. I pulled 2 VR for my boosters and only had 19 points from them including the 8 for the unusable Obi. My 18 point Rebel Leader was the highest point piece I had. I know somebody else there didn't even hit 120 with all her pieces. She had Wicket and the Hang Glider for her 2 rares.

Yeah, that was the danger with A&E, but honestly, the likelihood of that happening was pretty slim. Unfortunately, sounds like you both got bad ends of those sticks. :( Overall, 100 could've been done without too much trouble. I get the feeling that WotC was trying out something new with A&E though. Who knows...

homer_sapien wrote:
For this one I made the arguement that this set has a lot of higher point R/VR plus the 2 huges we'd be getting but the store owner decided to stick with 100 still. I know back when we got the week 3 preview on Wizards I joked that the 2 preview pieces, Reven and the Rebel with the 30 damage missles, could end up as somebodies squad next week.

LOL yeah, that's exactly what I was worried about with playing only 100 points, but with 2 boosters. If you pull Revan or L&Y, you may not even be able to play with both your Rares depending on the point costs, let alone fit the Huges in there too. The whole idea of a release event for me is that you get a chance to try out a bunch of the new stuff. Hard to do that when you don't have enough build room to do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:52 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

LoboStele wrote:
Yeah, that was the danger with A&E, but honestly, the likelihood of that happening was pretty slim. Unfortunately, sounds like you both got bad ends of those sticks. :( Overall, 100 could've been done without too much trouble. I get the feeling that WotC was trying out something new with A&E though. Who knows...

Point wise yeah, but I was able to outplay people with the scrub stuff I did get to go 4-0 so I didn't mind too much.

LoboStele wrote:

LOL yeah, that's exactly what I was worried about with playing only 100 points, but with 2 boosters. If you pull Revan or L&Y, you may not even be able to play with both your Rares depending on the point costs, let alone fit the Huges in there too. The whole idea of a release event for me is that you get a chance to try out a bunch of the new stuff. Hard to do that when you don't have enough build room to do it.

If i pull a big point piece like L/Y or Reven I'll probably use that one plus filler. My hope is for 2 mid cost pieces like a Rancor, Shaak, Obi, or Gram. Gram in particular since his CE will make the other piece better and let me add some Rebel scrubs. I think chuck has MM updated for this so I'll have to d/l the new stuff and see what kind of point totals I can get from random boosters.

Just finished the download and tried 2 random boosters. I had a total of 253 points. My Rares were Han of Hoth and Obi, Unleashed. Huges were a Junk Golem and Uggernaut. I also had an Ugnaught Boss to go with the 2 Huges.

After trying about 100 boosters my lowest one was 68 (Tauntaun/Troop Cart) and my highest was 190 (Revan/Luke's Snowspeeder).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:54 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Kota and 2 Uggernaughts. Good, maybe not. Fun, hell ya!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:07 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

After playing some TFU stuff last night I have to say Revan is actually a pretty decent piece for Sealed. His initiative control is huge, especially when it's really too risky for anyone else to run the Muun Tactics Broker (usually don't have enough fodder). Luke and Yoda is also especially good since the majority of the non-Unique pieces, and all of the good Huge pieces are non-melee. Nobody played Shaak-Ti last night, but I'm pretty sure she would be quite good. And finally, with the FAQ for Push and the Errata coming regarding Pits, it sounds like anyone with Push might end up being REALLY good.

So, I'm thinking now that a killer combo would be Shaak-Ti with either Luke & Yoda, Luke Hoth Pilot, Obi-Wan, or Maris Brood. Shaak and Loda seems the best to me, but it only leaves you with 33 points for filler, which might be tight depending on your pulls.