SWMGAMERS.com Forums
http://swmgamers.com/forums/

Marmaladedog game con Iron Man 16 April 2011 - Kalamazoo, MI
http://swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=106&t=10733
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Engineer [ Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:04 am ]
Post subject:  Marmaladedog game con Iron Man 16 April 2011 - Kalamazoo, MI

update
New link right to the SWM events
http://www.marmaladedog.org/swm.php

It's that time of year again. The second Marmaladedog game convention Star Wars mini's Iron Man tourney. Last year there were 26 players. 4 games at 200, 4 games at 150 and 4 games at 100. V set figs with the restricted map list and tourney rules (3 point games).

9 am doors open
9-9:30 am sign up for 200 game
9:30 am - 1:30 pm 200 points (4 rounds, 1 hour each)
1:30-2 pm registration for 150 (and a chance to get food)
2 pm-6 pm 150 points (4 rounds, 45-50 min rounds depending on time)
6:15-6:30 pm registration for 100
6:30-9 pm 100 points (4 rounds, 30-40 min rounds depending on time)

Be prepared to fill out squad registration forms. Prizes for each 4 round tourney and for the overall champions.

This is the convention web site.
http://www.marmaladedog.org/index.php

Post any questions or your plans on attending here.

Author:  Chargers [ Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Marmaladedog game con Iron Man 16 April 2011 - Kalamazoo, MI

Sounds fun.

The website still lists fees, etc as TBA. What were the costs last year as a rough guide?

Author:  The_Celestial_Warrior [ Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Marmaladedog game con Iron Man 16 April 2011 - Kalamazoo, MI

Chargers wrote:
Sounds fun.

The website still lists fees, etc as TBA. What were the costs last year as a rough guide?



I thought I only spent 10$ last year.

Author:  jonnyb815 [ Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Marmaladedog game con Iron Man 16 April 2011 - Kalamazoo, MI

Yeah it was 10 dollars and there is a food court on the lower level of the student center where it was last year.

Author:  Engineer [ Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Marmaladedog game con Iron Man 16 April 2011 - Kalamazoo, MI

Update with a new link.

The laminator will be there also. Bring your maps. $5 each OR $4 each for more than 5 maps/posters.

Author:  The_Celestial_Warrior [ Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Marmaladedog game con Iron Man 16 April 2011 - Kalamazoo, MI

Anyone from Chicago going to this and have room to pick me up? I can meet you at the La Porte exit.

Author:  TimmerB123 [ Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Marmaladedog game con Iron Man 16 April 2011 - Kalamazoo, MI

I'm gonna try and go.

I'll be leaving early Saturday morning of course, since I have to work Friday night.

Brad - I'll let you know once I know for sure.

Author:  billiv15 [ Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Marmaladedog game con Iron Man 16 April 2011 - Kalamazoo, MI

I had to choose either Kokomo or Marmalade - and this year I picked Kokomo. But you never know, things might work out that I can attend as well. Probably won't know until the last minute though.

@Tim - Even if I don't go, Peterson might want to ride over with you guys.

Author:  jonnyb815 [ Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Marmaladedog game con Iron Man 16 April 2011 - Kalamazoo, MI

Friday Night i have a High School Track meet that I have to coach. I am headed to St Louis to run a 15k on Saturday so I wont be able to go. Getting ready for the Chicago Marathon in the Fall. (Old College buddy that I am running the Chicago Marathon with lives near St Louis and the Track meet will be down that way)

Author:  TimmerB123 [ Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Marmaladedog game con Iron Man 16 April 2011 - Kalamazoo, MI

So it looks like there might be a caravan from Chicago.

Jake and I will be coming up Saturday morning (EARLY!) Deri may be coming too if it works out. Matt P and Brad - you're welcome to hitch a ride, but let us know so we can figure out logistics.

Would love to crash at someone's place on Sat night - any takers Michigan crew?

Author:  The_Celestial_Warrior [ Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Marmaladedog game con Iron Man 16 April 2011 - Kalamazoo, MI

TimmerB123 wrote:
So it looks like there might be a caravan from Chicago.

Jake and I will be coming up Saturday morning (EARLY!) Deri may be coming too if it works out. Matt P and Brad - you're welcome to hitch a ride, but let us know so we can figure out logistics.

Would love to crash at someone's place on Sat night - any takers Michigan crew?


Shawn's coming and we're only staying for the 200, so we're good.

Author:  TimmerB123 [ Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Marmaladedog game con Iron Man 16 April 2011 - Kalamazoo, MI

The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
So it looks like there might be a caravan from Chicago.

Jake and I will be coming up Saturday morning (EARLY!) Deri may be coming too if it works out. Matt P and Brad - you're welcome to hitch a ride, but let us know so we can figure out logistics.

Would love to crash at someone's place on Sat night - any takers Michigan crew?


Shawn's coming and we're only staying for the 200, so we're good.


Glad you're going. Why on earth would you only stay for the 200!?!

Author:  fingersandteeth [ Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Marmaladedog game con Iron Man 16 April 2011 - Kalamazoo, MI

i unfortunately can't make this.

The wifes new store is opening and that means i'm on babysitting duties on weekends

Author:  urbanjedi [ Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Marmaladedog game con Iron Man 16 April 2011 - Kalamazoo, MI

Deri

what kind of store does your wif ehave?

you going to be able to make chicago regionals?

Author:  fingersandteeth [ Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Marmaladedog game con Iron Man 16 April 2011 - Kalamazoo, MI

she runs a Jimmy Johns (will be 2 shortly).

its unclear how things are going to shake out in the next month or so. With the last shop her hours were largely different to she envisioned so i just have to see how things turn out.

Author:  urbanjedi [ Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Marmaladedog game con Iron Man 16 April 2011 - Kalamazoo, MI

awesome on the jimmy johns

Author:  The_Celestial_Warrior [ Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Marmaladedog game con Iron Man 16 April 2011 - Kalamazoo, MI

TimmerB123 wrote:
The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
So it looks like there might be a caravan from Chicago.

Jake and I will be coming up Saturday morning (EARLY!) Deri may be coming too if it works out. Matt P and Brad - you're welcome to hitch a ride, but let us know so we can figure out logistics.

Would love to crash at someone's place on Sat night - any takers Michigan crew?


Shawn's coming and we're only staying for the 200, so we're good.


Glad you're going. Why on earth would you only stay for the 200!?!



Shawn hardly plays anymore and it's like pulling teeth to get him to build a squad...and thus to come to this. I'm going to just not ask him to come to things in the future...

Additionally one of the boys from church moved up there on campus so we're going to check in on him and do lunch.

Author:  TimmerB123 [ Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Marmaladedog game con Iron Man 16 April 2011 - Kalamazoo, MI

Alright - I am in for this. Jake K and I will be coming down early Sat morning (why is it starting so early, again?)

4 am wake-up before an iron man tournament. Yup - I'm in.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/