logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:24 am 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

That's why the MTB is going to have some Fodder factored in and if you want to play him you bring Lobot and customize from there.

Now, you've saved youself against San and can bring it in when you want to against everything else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:52 am 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Lord_Nihl wrote:
Seps were no more competitive than Nom Bombs was, Wotc actually hates all factions except Rebels and Imperial.

Yup. One San in top 4, three in top 10, 5 in top 20 vs 0 Nom with winning records is just about the same.

Quote:
its just more of the same.

...speaking of more of the same... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:38 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

fingersandteeth wrote:
i'd say this pretty much puts and end to San squads until they get something new.
A faction with almost auto init has stolen their best strategy. No only that but this faction can break movement like no other. The only defence that San squads ahd v B&B was that they could out activate them. Losing that advantage means that Vader can now swoop in on Boba and take him out. Same goes for Aurra. Depends on Ozzels cost somewhat but this is grave news for San Lovers.

I want to quote myself here because i made this statement without knowing the 'something new' i.e. the Tactics Broker.

This figure is almost designed with San in mind. So long as the rules play out as san gets reinforcements if someone plays a MTB against him then San Squads can use this better then any other piece.

San betters Ozzel who needs a 6 for reinforcements, out activates everyone else and no can almost guarantee init against anyone other than Han Rogue squads.

San Hill is not going anywhere, if anything this opens up San Hill squads to a whole new style of play, one where thay can be aggressive not just a turtle squad.

Boba Merc, Maul CotF, sideous DLOTS etc etc. San can give these guys their huge onslaughts.

Just check out emr131s post on the wizards board. He's pretty much nailed the mechanic. It looks tough as hell. Its gonna force San into action and have othersquads running away from the San Tyrant.