12 Gha Nachkt
11 Admiral Ozzel
8 Mas Amedda
7 R7 Astromech Droid
6 Mouse Droid x3
6 Rodian Brute x2
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(200pts. 15 activations)

Most games I brought Amanin Scout and R7 for reinforcements. If I thought I needed more swap fodder, it was Amanin Scout Gran Raider and Rodian Brute. VS Eric Larson's infamous Nute Gunray squad I brought 10 mouse droids.

Last edited by TimmerB123 on Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Kokomo Regional winner "Stealth n' Blue
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:23 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

I like it, but it being completely dependent on Cad/ Arica, im not so sure on.

Wotc GTL: 52ish
Gamers GTL: 2 (dalsiandon, urbanjedi)

fingersandteeth wrote:
Also t4 for override and a cheeky flame.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:27 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

good squad, Tim.

Congrats dude.

Post subject: Re: Kokomo Regional winner "Stealth n' Blue"
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:26 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Diddo, Tim. I had fun this weekend even though I made quite a few mistakes those last couple of matches. I had a tough draw in competition and was in everyone of those matches untill my screw ups. But I learned a lot on different squads and on my own so it was fun and totaly worth going, having you win. Congrats again and let me know what's next for minis.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:03 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Disturbed1 wrote:
I like it, but it being completely dependent on Cad/ Arica, im not so sure on.

Never needed anything more than Cad and Arica. Arica does the mass killing of smaller things, and Cad kills the big stuff. I just had to play very safe with them. I never lost Cad all day. Arica I lost about half the time, but only ever calculated sacrifices where she more than earned her points. She often killed the override pieces (Lobot, R2 astromech and 2 R7s all in one blaster barrage in one game!). Han smuggler is also a frequent target for Arica. Base him for 40 damage at the end of the round and kill him upon winning init (as long as you don't roll a 1!)

No doubt it's a glass cannon, but the tech is there to keep your cannon safe. Keep in mind in today's meta - accurate shot is not nearly as prevalent. Stealth keeps both Arica and Cad nice and safe most of the time. Then Cad has evade, swaps keep them out of danger, master tactician helps them get in and get out, double override with possible triple or quadruple on top of out-activating virtually everyone keeps you in better shape than you might think. It's really just an old fashioned B&B technique, with Arica along for the ride to kill their tech/activations.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:46 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

All good points.

Did anything in particular give you trouble? Ganner lobbin, yobuck/ lancer?

fingersandteeth wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:55 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Disturbed1 wrote:
All good points.

Did anything in particular give you trouble? Ganner lobbin, yobuck/ lancer?

Didn't face NR - might have been a tough match for this squad, but I would have simply stuck to the plan of taking what was given and playing carefully. Lock when I have to lock, and taken shots when I could. I would not count on the swap until I was sure I could kill the disruptive. I faced plobuck and did fine, skybuck may have been tougher, but I think would have ended up the same. I beat double pawned Lancer thanks to override. My own lancer squad I played at Chicago regionals would have been tough for this team to beat.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:53 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Location: Aboard the Exocarrier Resalute, waiting to free all SWMer's from Tyrnany
Congrat's on the win, and a fine looking squad, why Cade Bane never works when he is in one of my squads I must now discover

Member of the SWMRAC
Member of the Completed till the End and Beyond Club

Come rate my squads on Bloomilk...http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.a ... dalsiandon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:01 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

dalsiandon wrote:
Congrat's on the win, and a fine looking squad, why Cade Bane never works when he is in one of my squads I must now discover

Thanks! I think the key is that you have to protect Cad with everything you have. He is all offense, but dies so easily. Out-activating, having access to swaps and Master Tactician, and double override (or more) is the best way I know how to protect him.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:32 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Cad dying so easily is what I dont like about the squad. If I play stuff like that, I always end up making the one mistake that will end up costing me a game, whcih somehow winds up getting me paired against bad matches for the rest of the tournament, and I do horribly. :P

Personally, I prefer squads with a little more substance to them, but thats just me. I hope no one at my venue reads this squad, cause I know theyll wanna play it, and I dont wanna face it, lol.

fingersandteeth wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:50 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

TimmerB123 wrote:
skybuck may have been tougher, but I think would have ended up the same. I beat double pawned Lancer thanks to override.

I think this would have been a very tough match for you, particularly if it was my Skybuck version with Lobot and triple override. I faced a very similar squad design in Racine (less activations, added Kir Kanos and a Geno, minus Arica - so in that matchup, it was actually tougher against Skybuck than yours I believe). The problem is that Ozzel will hurt your options so much. In the game I played against Cad, I was still way out activated (Ozzel), but I went after the pieces as I could with Yoda, and eliminated the threats.

Obviously your moves in the first two rounds would dictate a lot of my moves, but generally I would do one of two things. Either move in on Cad for 30-60, allowing you the option to either put 120 on Yoda or swap away, not both), and then depending on the options I would either swap in Dash/Anakin to take out your Cad or thrawn, or a Rodian and lock myself up. I don't fear the one Amanin as I can count squares and I usually go right for that guy early when he's on the board. I'd also consider using the three gran raiders instead of the 4 Rodians as my reinforcements to protect against Arica, since I won't need that many swappers, and I'm way out activated anyways (did that against NR once in Racine).

Doesn't mean it's not a great squad, it is, and in particular, looks like a very nice choice considering the meta you faced. It's just like every other 200pt squad, it has a major threat to it in the meta, and you just either hope not to face it, or hope you can outplay the player running it. And as I remember from the Racine game, I had to be very careful about my choices early to not lose my pieces to a deep Cad strike early. But once Cad was down, the rest was clean up.

Anyways, congrats on the win! Sounds like an excellent tourney!

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:39 am 
Guardian of the Old Republic
Guardian of the Old Republic

billiv15 wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
skybuck may have been tougher, but I think would have ended up the same. I beat double pawned Lancer thanks to override.

I think this would have been a very tough match for you, particularly if it was my Skybuck version with Lobot and triple override. I faced a very similar squad design in Racine (less activations, added Kir Kanos and a Geno, minus Arica - so in that matchup, it was actually tougher against Skybuck than yours I believe). The problem is that Ozzel will hurt your options so much. In the game I played against Cad, I was still way out activated (Ozzel), but I went after the pieces as I could with Yoda, and eliminated the threats.

Anyways, congrats on the win! Sounds like an excellent tourney!

Doesnt someone have to WIN something with a squad for it to be 'theirs'?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:28 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

What? Why? Huh?

fingersandteeth wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:18 am 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

joelker41 wrote:

Doesnt someone have to WIN something with a squad for it to be 'theirs'?

not really. There are no ownership of squads. People generally deserve credit for builds when they are the first to play them, or when they make modifications to suit their playstyle.
Bill has a prefered Skybuck squad that he uses and its different to the one johnny ran and that other people have run. By saying "My..." Bill is refering to the prefered build he uses. It allows the reader to immedeately associate with the correct build.

Case in point, Bills version can easily pack triple or even quadruple override, that something non lobot using Skybuck builds can rarely do.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:24 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Very fun team to play !
(It's was very fun to clean up the 6 elites wookies warrior and the 2 UD who were in the corridor...with Arica) !

The fear to play against Skybuck means that we saw only 1 team (Cade Bane + Arica + thrawn) on the Gencon 2010 ?