logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Empire of the Sun
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:11 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I made this 200pt squad a while ago, and it's been modified a few times since that. Now i'd like to know if anyone has some feedback or suggestions how to improve it further.

30 Xizor
23 Jarael
22 Imperial Governor Tarkin
72 Twi'lek Black Sun Vigo x4
13 Czerka Scientist
11 Admiral Ozzel
10 Twi'lek Bodyguard
8 Mas Amedda
8 R7 Astromech Droid
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

The Twi'leks are obviously the main 4 threats - beefed up by Xizor, Tarkin and the scientist - and shooting at anything that moves with a potential double twin attack for 20-40 damage a pop. That's a max damage output of 160 and there's 4 of them! Ozzel helps with getting opportunist to work, along with Jarael who runs interference and maybe activates a few of the opposing characters. Twi'lek bodyguard because there wasn't room enough for a Human bodyguard. Let me know what you think, any feedback is welcome.

-Biggsy

Post subject: Re: Empire of the Sun
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:03 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

It's a good squad, with some scary-good damage output, but it's fragile. Games against the lancer will be terribly difficult, and a well-played Yobuck swap would give you headaches too. However, this squad has insane damage output and it's likely that it'll tear a hole in so many other squads that it comes up against. Jarael with GMA is a great option for interference, since she could stun up to 3 pieces. However, even if she doesn't, each TBSV has 4 shots at +13 with Jolt, so it's likely that any of them could take care of the stunning themselves.

Given the squad's Jolt and Paralysis options, I wonder if Ozzel is more of a hindrance than a help to the squad. Being able to activate only 1 piece means that your vigos will be easier to take down, since you won't be able to respond as easily to your opponent's mid-round strike. By dropping Ozzel, you could add another R7 and another Ugnaught, or else you could add an Ugnaught and an Aqualish Assassin (30dmg opportunist hits on a stealth piece is nice) while also upgrading your Twilek BG to a Human BG.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:48 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Yeah, definitely better to drop Ozzel and run more Bodyguards or interference pieces if you can. Or work in Lobot somehow, so you can bring in a Kel Dor BH against the Lancer when necessary.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:09 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Thank you for the comments, both of you. I like the idea of letting Ozzel go. He's actually more annoying than useful. I played the squad the other day and was often irritated that i couldn't activate more than one character. And as you said, the quadruple Jolt along with Jarael is probably enough to get some good Opportunist shots in anyways. I'll probably try the +1 Ugnaught, Aqualish Assassin and bodyguard upgrade next time. That's a good suggestion, and also gives me one more activation. And yes, The squad is very fragile with an average HP of less than 40. But fortunately i haven't met any Lancers or YoBuck squads yet. Lobot would be very useful if i was to use this in a tournament. He's always nice to have so you can customize your squad a little after knowing what you're up against.

Disruptive can also be a pain by the way :x

So here's the updated version:

30 Xizor
23 Jarael
22 Imperial Governor Tarkin
72 Twi'lek Black Sun Vigo x4
13 Czerka Scientist
11 Human Bodyguard
8 Mas Amedda
8 R7 Astromech Droid
7 Aqualish Assassin
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(200pts. 14 activations)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:26 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Greentime has been known to play vigo's a lot i think iin his version he has lobot, 4 vigo's xizor tarken and ozzel. something like 14 base acts. He does build 2 czerka's into the base squad so he can move around with them a little bit. Also with lobot you can get up to 20 acts if you need to so ozzel doesnt hurt you as bad.

The insane damage output can really save you in the yobuck matchup yobuck makes a mistake and stays in LOS he dies as does any other character that is dumb enough not to hide.

Thats prob the best version of it that ive seen again i dont remember the exact details of it but maybe i can get him to post what it is.