logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Rebel Kota Swap
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:11 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I've been playing around with the idea of swaping Kota in for his repulse and the Rebels have the best way to give Kota the force points to do it every other round.

--Kota Swap--
55 Master Kota
36 Yoda of Dagobah
28 Dash Rendar, Renegade Smuggler
20 K-3PO

(139pts. 4 activations)

Thats all i have so far. I can't figure what else should go in to make it competitive. I obviously need Rodian Brutes and Mouse Droids, but I need some solid hitters. Mouse droids can move up to 16 squares a turn and so my thoughts were of maybe having Luke Skywalker, Jedi included so that knight speed can be used. Any suggestions?

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

Post subject: Re: Rebel Kota Swap
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:31 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

Lot of different Fringe options you can go with. You could go with Jarael and a TBSV. Maybe Dengar HK to swap with Kota so after Kota goes BOOM he can come in and take out someone with 50 or less HP. You can go with Zuckuss so you can glue someone down for Kota's bomb.

Truthfully, I'd rather go with Luke Commando over Luke Jedi. Levitate helps Kota out a lot to make sure he's in the right position, or to make sure you can get him out if you've already used Swap or to make sure characters already activated can be taken out of the path of the bomb if needed.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:29 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Consider Gha Nachkt to make your mouse droids cheaper, and Lobot so you can customize your swappers. Options include Rodian Brutes, obviously, but also Caamasi Nobles (little to fear from AoO's) and even Toydarians (flight).

Jarael is a great secondary threat / swapper.

One thing that will set a Rebel swap squad apart from other swap squads is the Ithorian Commander, who makes your "fodder" (and Jarael) a lot more dangerous. Personally, I would take a wide range of fodder - Rodians, Aqualish, Gran, even Talz. Too bad the +4 attack from the IthCom doesn't stack with the +3 from Kota...

I wouldn't go with Yoda of Dagobah - too expensive for a force battery. If you want more force points for Kota, use Yoda, Force Spirit (he can haunt Jarael but give his own FP's to Kota). You are set for back-to-back repulses any time after round 3, and that ought to be sufficient.

Also consider the Rebel Commando Pathfinder - an unusual piece but a handy one if you're on a map with a lot of difficult terrain!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:38 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

All good advice, i think id go with luke rc and yoda FS, haunt luke and let kota use yodas fps to repulse. Another fun yoda FS option is luke HPU.

Mainstays in that army will prob be dash, kota, rieekan. Id say def go luke Rc over swap because you can both levitate AND repulse in the same phase with less setup involved. Also that opens up possiblilties for 2nd and 3rd beats. Zuckuss may be a good fit with kota to glue down what you want to repulse. i dont think id go with swamers with kota as you may be working against yourself setting up repulse.

Heres how id build it.

55 Kota
28 Dash
27 Luke RC
27 Ferus
20 Yoda FS
13 Jawa Scavenger
9 R2x
8 R7
x4 uggies

Go crazy and no play rieekan or dodonna, dash has evade luke has stealth kota will only be comming out to bomb and has a 23 d and you got ferus to BG him and luke while he is charging up force. Jawa is awesome and can pick off enemy door control and hurt luke SS or doombot. ANyway just a thought on what id do with the idea.