logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Go get em ferrus.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:56 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey guys I wasn't trying to build a tier 1 squad, just a squad that I could use ferrus and his dt a lot. So much fun when you can use it multiple times. Anyways this is what I came up, what do you guys think, is there a better way to do what I wanted?
Gowk. 55
ferrus. 27
Qui-gon. 35
jar jar. 18
doombot. 9
shieldberer. 18
r7. 8
lobot. 27
ugh. 3

I have the better def and shieldberer to help keep ferrus alive. After qui-gon dies and gives his force points to ferrus I can dt every round knowing I can reroll a failed save with another fp. Triple override should be plenty to try and seperate enemy squads but I could always bring in more if need be. I know gmls would tear me apart but with that matchup I would hope for jar jar to make a lot of saves and for Luke to fail alot of draw fire saves or I would try and bring in some guns and hope to lock him away from the rest of his squad.

Post subject: Re: Go get em ferrus.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:12 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully

Yoda CS instead of GOWK.

Instead of the SB, go with the DW to light tutor Jar Jar.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:19 am 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You know bill I orginally had yoda cs in the squad and ended up taking him out thinking the better def would help but now realizing that ferrus wasn't the only one benefitting from yodas rerolls and light tutering jar jar is smthn I did once before but it does make it better with yoda and qui-gon. Now if need be I can force spirit jar jar which could also be a lot of fun. Thanx bill, this is the new look of the squad.

Ferrus. 27
yoda cs. 55
lobot. 27
qui-gon. 35
r7. 8
jar jar. 18
dark woman. 21
r2. 9

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:05 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

I understand its a fun squad but there there is like no damage out. I think a rex or Dash is needed just to have some damage.
I would drop the r7 for mas so you use yodas CE board wide. I just dont know if fiting in a shooter will work but if you can get the numbers right Dash or lando DS might be your better bet since they can reroll.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:14 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

If you're getting the free re-rolls through Yoda, you maybe don't necessarily need Qui-Gon. Could consider dropping him to work in a shooter.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:51 am 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well there's a lot to mess around with. I could take out qui-gon for either Rex, dash, or even dass jenner. Rex might be the best shooter but doesn't benefit from yoda. Without some help from wicket or an r4 or somthin dash would have a hard time hitting anything but scrubs. Dass I could at least use with yoda and if I put in dass over Rex that clears up space for an uggie. If qui-gon isn't in there then I think the dark woman isn't as useful so I could take her out for lando ds and another uggie and yes Johnny when I originally had yoda I also had mas over the r7 but when I changed to gowk I didn't really need mas so I changed him over as well. When I put yoda back in I just forgot to change it around again.
So now you have
ferrus. 27
lobot. 27
yoda. 55
jar jar. 18
lando ds. 18
mas. 8
dass jenner. 32
r2. 9
ugh x2. 6
completly different look and a different playstyle. I think I would have to bring in a bodyguard to help protect ferrus or dass a little bit but I could always do that with lobot. I'll have to play with this squad and see what I like more.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:31 am 

I think you have underrated Qui-Gon. The extra force points can either make Yoda a beast (if facing shooters), Ferus a massive damage dealer (assuming with 3 rolls you make the DT at least once), or Jar Jar a pain in the ass. I really don't think it needs more shooters. Just run at your opponent and start killing things. I think it was better with Liam. The Dark Woman is a nice piece as well, since she takes forever to kill, and can go alone after commanders.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:04 am 
Guardian of the Old Republic
Guardian of the Old Republic

billiv15 wrote:
I think you have underrated Qui-Gon. The extra force points can either make Yoda a beast (if facing shooters), Ferus a massive damage dealer (assuming with 3 rolls you make the DT at least once), or Jar Jar a pain in the ass. I really don't think it needs more shooters. Just run at your opponent and start killing things. I think it was better with Liam. The Dark Woman is a nice piece as well, since she takes forever to kill, and can go alone after commanders.

That and if you arw on a position where ferus has low enough HP he can DT AND precision, that takes out guys like Han GH in one shot.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:35 am 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Bill don't get me wrong I also liked my second version better without the shooters. It more my style to play melée anyways. I said completly different look and different style of play. Just that stupid side of me that tries to make everyone happy was coming out. With lobo and Johnny saying I needed more guns I just tried to show them that yes you could do it but that you were completly changing the face of the squad if you did. If I did change it around for shooters that's how I would have done it but going off of my playstyle I would choose my second version of this squad. Not saying I wouldn't try all versions cause I would just saying if I had to make a choice of which squad to play just by looking at these 3 versions, I would take the second.

I'm still trying to Make a ferrus squad with general solo but just can't seem to get anything I'm happy with. I will certanly post it when I figure smthn out.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:35 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I like the unusual dynamic that Ferus adds to the game - if you're playing him and your opponent has foolishly left him alive with 10 or 20 HP, you probably want him to fail the DT roll so he defects, this denies your opponent the 27 points and then you finish him off yourself to gain 27 points. That's a huge point swing. Knowing this, your opponent may be reluctant to attack Ferus with a character that can only damage him but can't possibly kill him. I always like presenting my opponents with a target that they don't really want to attack. Like a re-rolling Jar Jar... or Qui-Gon JM... so a squad with all three is awesome. How about bringing in a Kel Dor Bounty Hunter (via Lobot) and seeing if the indecision forces your opponent's head to explode.

If you want to boost Ferus, how about giving him an extra attack or two, via Commander Ahsoka or Snowbunny Padme? You'd have to drop Lobot, but I just like the idea of Rolling Cleave + Force Phase, and Rolling Cleave + Lightsaber Sweep, too.

1 Yoda
1 Qui-Gon Jinn, Jedi Master
1 Ferus Olin
1 Commander Ahsoka
1 The Dark Woman
1 Jar Jar Binks
1 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
1 Mas Amedda
1 Ugnaught Demolitionist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:54 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

barzillai wrote:
1 Yoda
1 Qui-Gon Jinn, Jedi Master
1 Ferus Olin
1 Commander Ahsoka
1 The Dark Woman
1 Jar Jar Binks
1 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
1 Mas Amedda
1 Ugnaught Demolitionist

Barzillai, if I ever have to face down this squad, I will not be happy with you.

As much as I hate facing Jar jar, I gotta admit that this would be a pain to beat with alot of stuff.

Wotc GTL: 52ish
Gamers GTL: 2 (dalsiandon, urbanjedi)

fingersandteeth wrote:
Also t4 for override and a cheeky flame.