logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Three GMLS Squads for Critique
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:37 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Since GMLS came out in JA, I've been trying to build a squad around him with what I have (No Ganner) and I have come up with three squads. Each has its strengths and weaknesses, but I am having trouble deciding which is best.

--Grand Master Zuck--
115 Grand Master Luke Skywalker
35 Zuckuss, Bounty Hunter
23 Jarael
9 General Dodonna
5 Caamasi Noble
12 Ugnaught Demolitionist x4

(199pts. 9 activations)

This one has init control and range from Zuckuss, as well as interference from Jarael against shooters.

--Grand Master Kyp--
27 Lobot
26 Kyp Durron
23 Jarael
9 General Dodonna

(200pts. 5 activations)

This one has more offense in the form of Kyp who would have Force Lightning, LA, and would have FP5 from the get go. Jarael would run interference for both Kyp and Luke against non-accurate shooters like Dash, Rex, Bane. This squad also has flexibility in the form of Lobot who could bring in more activations, Double Override and BGs against Yobuck, a Kel Dor against Lancer etc.

--Siblings Skywalker--
27 Lobot
25 Leia Skywalker, Jedi Knight
23 Jarael
9 General Dodonna

(199pts. 5 activations)

This is far more defensive. Jarael running interference for Luke is the foundation for the squad. With renewal plus rerolls from LSJK she should help Luke advance up the map. Again, Lobot provides flexibility.

So what do you guys think? If you had to play one of these, which one would you take?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Three GMLS Squads for Critique
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:26 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Really, in order to make an effective GMLS squad (which in itself is extremely difficult), I do think you need Ganner. Not just because Ganner can levitate Luke into position for a 6-hit, but also because he can levitate Luke's support into the right position. Example: levitate Kyp into position for a FP5, and then Luke runs in there to start cleaning up the leftovers.

But without Ganner, I personally think that your first squad is best. Zuckuss can reroll an attack every round, and can also reroll initiative when Luke is based to a key piece. Jarael is also much more effective with FR1, and she is a good fig for tying up enemy pieces which would otherwise like to converge on Luke. 9 acts is playable with Dodonna, as long as your opponent doesn't also have Tempo Control.

IMHO, Kyp is decent with FR1, but he really needs Ganner if he's gonna shine. Leia is a good piece to use, but your opponent will just go after her first and then go after Luke much more easily; it's too easy to make her ineffective.

I hope this helps. If you can ever get a hold of Ganner, I think your GMLS squads will be much more effective. Cheers!

Post subject: Re: Three GMLS Squads for Critique
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:16 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

I agree with TINT, the first one is the best. Added bonus: Zuckuss can gluegun someone to the floor, giving Luke/ Jarael enough time to get based.

Wotc GTL: 52ish
Gamers GTL: 2 (dalsiandon, urbanjedi)

fingersandteeth wrote:
Also t4 for override and a cheeky flame.