logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Rebels: Old School and New School
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:52 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

OK, so I'm throwing around different ideas today, because I'm not sure I feel like playing the squads I've put together recently, lol. So, trying to see if there's some more 'out of the box' ideas, and not just what the latest/greatest things are. So, I've been digging around, looking at various options.

So here's one actually WITHOUT Rieekan. :P

46 Han Solo, Scoundrel
27 Ferus Olin
27 Luke Skywalker, Rebel Commando
27 Lobot
20 Princess Leia
16 General Crix Madine
16 Elite Rebel Commando
12 Anakin Skywalker, Force Spirit
09 General Dodonna

(9 Activations, 200 Points)

So, no Mobile/Evade for most of the squad, but honestly, in the times I've played my other Rebel builds lately, Han and Leia are about the only ones who really end up needing it. Most of the time, my ERC and Crix can't get shot at anyways thanks to Stealth, or the ERC has to stay in his ending spot anyways for Override. Anakin would haunt Han here, most likely, to give him Mettle, as I think I could make do with only 4 FPs on Luke probably.

Still gets good damage out of Han, and potentially more than Han Smuggler, just that you have to go with him early in the round, rather than late. Still has Disruptive, double (or more) Override. The added bonus that I really like for this, is that Ferus can now Bodyguard Han as well, which is one thing I think is sorely lacking in a lot of other Rebel builds.

Post subject: Re: Rebels: Old School and New School
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:56 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully

Hey, you been reading my posts on bloomilk or what? Lol, I just posted a squad in a discussion over there about 15 minutes ago similar to this.

--Shaddy's Back--
46 Han Solo, Scoundrel
28 Dash Rendar, Renegade Smuggler
27 Ferus Olin
20 Princess Leia
14 General Rieekan
9 R2-D2 with Extended Sensor
6 Mouse Droid x2
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3

(198pts. 13 activations)

And to be honest, in this one, for a tournament, I'd consider going without Reeikan, R2 and a mouse, and go with Lobot. With Dash and Han having evade already, they are fine. Although in that case, mettle becomes only useful for Han anyway, so I would also switch back to Obi FS. That would free up a total of 5pts, so I guess use a Bespin or something lol. Hmm, now that I think about it. Then drop the one mouse as well and work in Gha (makes the one mouse 2 so it fits). They you can always go with 10 mice via reinforcements against builds where Dodonna would have been helpful, and still maintain other options for other match ups.

I don't like not having disruptive, but I don't like making any changes that would fit it in there either.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:13 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Haha, that's funny. I did see that thread over there, but not the latest post you'd made. But the thread got me thinking about some other possibilities and such. Here's another one that I just threw together. I really like this one:

--Dark Cannon--
47 Luke's Landspeeder
27 Ferus Olin
27 Han Solo, Smuggler
20 Princess Leia
18 C-3PO and R2-D2
14 General Rieekan
9 General Dodonna
8 Juno Eclipse
8 R7 Astromech Droid
6 Mouse Droid x2
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(199pts. 13 activations)

Granted, it still has both Rieekan and Dodonna though, lol. But Evade and Renewal for the Landspeeder is just nasty, in my experience. Double Disruptive, double Override. Not great activations, but pretty decent. Landspeeder with Ferus to soak up damage could be brutal.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:18 pm 

I think Landspeeder squads can be brutal with double override, mettle, renewal, evade/deflect and Ferus/Leia - Particularly against the NR.

Ganner lifts Mara to assault the LS, LS and Ferus spread the 120dmg, and kill Mara that round. Can Han or Kyle finish it? I'm not sure they can in all seriousness, especially with Han and Leia hanging back as support out of disruptive's range.

The key is Ferus can do 30 on the run, which makes him a very nasty BG for the LS.

Would it be better like this for tournament play?

--Landspeeder Cannon 2010--
47 Luke's Landspeeder
27 Ferus Olin
27 Han Solo, Smuggler
27 Lobot
20 Princess Leia
14 General Rieekan
9 General Dodonna
8 Juno Eclipse
3 Mouse Droid
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

Basically, losing one disruptive piece, for lobot's customization, the ability to get to triple override, protect the commanders and your disruptive with a free BG (or two for that matter - two Twilick's could be nasty to the lancer, each being able to soak up both attacks from the pawn and it's own turns) from Yodabuck and the Lancer. You lose the coolness of R2PO, but might be better overall for tournament play.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:25 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Yeah, that's probably better, as you could go with either Bodyguards or the Kel Dor against the Lancer. Bodyguarding Juno/Han would certainly be a solid way to go.

I had thought about that route, but was looking at the 'old school' ideas like R2PO that I haven't seen in a little while.

May have to give this one a try at the LGS tonight.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:14 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

OK, so I played that Landspeeder build last night, and it ran pretty well, but I'm not sure if I like it better than my Luke RC/ERC/Crix build instead. I think that one just has more versatility overall.

Here's something else I was thinking about.....a squad without Dodonna! :P

--Tempted Scoundrels--
46 Han Solo, Scoundrel
27 Ferus Olin
20 Princess Leia
32 Elite Rebel Commando x2
16 General Crix Madine
14 General Rieekan
3 Mouse Droid
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(200pts. 11 activations)

Ferus has lots of Bodyguard options. Anakin probably attaches to Han, since he's the main damage force. Maybe against a Pawned Lancer build, I might attach to Luke instead so he has extra FPs for re-rolling Djem So. It occurred to me, that a Pawned Lancer wouldn't be able to afford a Djem So from Luke, because the Cunning +20 would be enough to kill that Lancer! Cool! Obviously, a tad light on activations, but with all the Cunning Attack, that wouldn't matter much anyways.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:53 am 

Problem with that one is that you have 4 cunning attackers, and no opportunist. I prefer to have the damned if you do, damned if you don't effect of Han Scoundrel and Dash. If you are going with the Madine/ERC combo, I see no reason to run Han Scoundrel over Smuggler for that very reason. That's why those types of builds have been successful, end of round/beginning of round big damage hits.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:58 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

billiv15 wrote:
Problem with that one is that you have 4 cunning attackers, and no opportunist. I prefer to have the damned if you do, damned if you don't effect of Han Scoundrel and Dash. If you are going with the Madine/ERC combo, I see no reason to run Han Scoundrel over Smuggler for that very reason. That's why those types of builds have been successful, end of round/beginning of round big damage hits.

Yeah, was thinking that as well, but I'm liking the idea of running Scoundrel and Anakin FS to benefit the whole squad. Plus Scoundrel can be Bodyguarded by Ferus. I'll keep thinking about it.