logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: A sith squad with a different point of view.
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:25 am 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

A shot using reven (yes I know he's just not very good or at all competative in the current meta). So I was thinking and playing with just the 4 "lesser factions". If there were no republic or imperial, no seps or rebel, no ganner or new republic, just vong, sith, mando, and old republic then how playable would he be? Here's an attempt at using that mindset.
Reven. 88
Caedus. 60
r7. 8
brute x3. 9
gungan b.h. X3. 27
ugh x2. 6
11 activations with init control the +4 atk makes the gungans a decent ranged support. The brutes are great scrubs with +4 and I always thought caedus and reven work well together caedus with revens intuition, and init control are a nice compliment to aing ti flow walk. What do you guys think?

Post subject: Re: A sith squad with a different point of view.
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:35 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

Edit - somehow posted in the wrong thread.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:25 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

*looks perplexed at Bill* That would be a good suggestion were this a NR squad. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:10 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

revan and Caedus is an interesting pair. You can set up for the dart quite easily, or you can set up for a rage double followed by init and then another rage double.
However, that output is only 120 dmg and its the squads biggest trick (the fact that the NR has the same output in one activation whould indicate the disparity of the lesser factions to the main ones). That will also cost you 5 force points to do so you're looking at getting it off once a game.

Revan is just too expensive to include him and another 60 pointer IMO. I would say try and look for cheaper options (30-40 point range) that can use intuition. If you can get an activation advantage against the lesser factions then MT is really going to pay off.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:29 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thanx deri, I was concerned about only having one trick involved and was considering using this in tims lesser faction tourny on the 16th but I'm debating with myself cause this would be a fun environment were I could use smthn like that but at the same time I don't just want to lose the whole time and like you said reven is just to expensive to use with caedus regardless of how well they work together. That's allright I have a couple of squads that I built and this was the worst one IMO and I was just wondering what others thought about being competative in this upcoming environment.