logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Load of Bs
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:02 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

LOL, couldn't resist the title, since this is an expansion on B&B, but with more Bs added (B for Bane and he's Blue as well!)

Ran this last night at the LGS and really enjoyed it, plus I went 3-0 with it. :D

--Load of Bs--
55 Darth Vader, Scourge of the Jedi
54 Cad Bane
32 Thrawn (Mitth'raw'nuruodo)
27 Lobot
18 Arden Lyn
8 Mas Amedda
3 Rodian Brute
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(200pts. 8 activations)

Here's what I'm thinking though....Might it better to run this with UH Thrawn? Last night, I had to play 2 NR squads and a Rebel squad, all of which had Disruptive in one form or another. So, I'm sort of wondering, would it be better to play Universe Thrawn and have the Force Immunity option there? Would make Cad extremely annoying for enemy squads with Evade, or opposing Force Push squads or the like. Obviously, you'd lose some power vs. Yobuck/Lancer, so that would be the biggest concern, but with Lobot in there, I could bring in a Kel Dor against the Lancer for backup, and Cad/Vader will still put a hurting on Yobuck if necessary. Obviously, Cad really shines with the extra +4/+10 from Opportunist, but with either Evade or Opportunist to deal with half the time, I ended up using Opportunist with Cad on a pretty limited basis. The Force Immunity to stop things like re-rolls, Assaults, Grip, Push, etc...seems like it might be worth it.

Post subject: Re: Load of Bs
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:56 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

The +3/+3 is a nice way to make up for the loss of opportunist, however, its the Loss of activations that really hurts.

The additional 5 points needed for UH Thrawn cuts your base build to only 6 activations, maxing at 12 with Lobot.

12 isn't unreasonable, but I think that the loss of those 2 activations will really hurt your flexibility vs anything with Dod, as well as making it hard to get a lot of swap options vs YoBuck.

I don't think it would be a particularily better change but may aid in some match ups.. while hurting you in others.

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:04 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Well, against Dodonna, 12 activations or 14 really won't make much difference, if any at all. Yeah, losing both of the 3 pointers in the base squad worries me too. Honestly though, since you'd be looking at using Thrawn a bit more offensively....I would probably drop Mas in favor of a Mouse Droid to free up those 5 points. Then you can bring in more Mice with Lobot too. And possibly switch the one Ugo that starts in the build to a Mouse as well, bringing in a couple of Ugos with Lobot perhaps, if the opponent has a door-heavy map, or an abundance of Override.

I think this could be run without Mas quite effectively. Heck, last night I hardly ended up using any CEs anyways because of stupid Disruptive, so Mas was dead weight on my squad half the time anyways, or relegated to killing Ugos with his Cunning.

Funny story....I lost use of Thrawn in Round 2 against StriderRe80 because he charged Thrawn with his Kyle and got me in Disruptive. Still won though, as he let himself get trapped in one of the turbolifts on Throne Room trying to chase down my Thrawn and I Overrided him into the room, lol. He eventually got out, but only in the very last round before time was called, and by that point, I'd killed the entire rest of his squad, lol. So, I got to use 1 swap, and no Opportunist that entire game, haha.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:26 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

Ruhk wrote:
The +3/+3 is a nice way to make up for the loss of opportunist, however, its the Loss of activations that really hurts.

That's only to non-Uniques, so it doesn't help this squad at all.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:51 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

! musta forgetten that.. been so long since I used that monkey!

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:06 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

jedispyder wrote:
Ruhk wrote:

That's only to non-Uniques, so it doesn't help this squad at all.

Well, it helps the scrubs, which, honestly, is where I found myself using Opportunist more than anything else, lol. Most of the time last night, my main pieces were either Disrupted, or attacking early in the round to wipe something else out.