logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: My fun merc squad
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:47 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I was just figuring a fun semi themed squad that looked as if it would work. Let me know what u guys think.

Mercenary commander. 24
whorm loathsom. 20
trandoshan elite x4. 68
chiss mercenaryx4. 56
talz chieftan. 16
mouse droid x4. 12
ugh. 3

could b fun as my mercenarys can move 12 shoot everyone who's a legal target twice. Chiefataneorks well in the fun theimed format.

Post subject: Re: My fun merc squad
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:06 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

I guess as a fun squad, no complaints, maybe think about either the Gotal Merc or working in the Merc Commander. Furious Assault Twins with Using intuition to move out of LOS to pull it off. Fun

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:45 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

What about jabba crime lord? Cunning would be a great add to most of those pieces.

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:08 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well the merc commander is allready in there for the furious twins. Jabba crime lord is a good idea. I like that better than the talz chief. Although if I could try and squeeze both of them in there it be cool to. I'll play around with it on my non competative fun days.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:52 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Location: Aboard the Exocarrier Resalute, waiting to free all SWMer's from Tyrnany
You have some good options going for you. The Talz chieftan is a great help for hitting fringe targets. It is deffinatly theme, and it works to utilize a number of underwhelming figs. WIll it be effective? IDK, I think it has too much working agianst it still. Here is just one, I can drop a noble and a stealth fig in LOS and your nerfed, you can't charge because of the Merc restriction and you can't attack becasue of the lack of accurate shot.

SO while it is a nice take, my idea is on the opposite side of the spectrum for a fun merc squad. Sorry it's not derogitory of yours, it is just very different.

FlObi (66)
Nym (48)
Mas (8)
TBSV (18)
Gotal Merc x 4 (48)
Uggie Demo x 4 (12)

Plenty of attacks and with intuition I can set the gotals up in a way to optimise their shots and allow Greater Mobile Attack the abiltiy to function. This way they can retreat to saftey. Add in that Nym is a strong shooter with disruptive and FlObi is no slouch this squad has some potential.

Member of the SWMRAC
Member of the Completed till the End and Beyond Club

Come rate my squads on Bloomilk...http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.a ... dalsiandon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:41 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

@Don, interesting idea with towed Nym and Flobi :) (Gotals still need some attack boost though)

I do think the Gotals are definitely the way to go with the Merc Commander. Running Gotals with MC and Whorm might help offset their low attack a bit with the twin shots, and even better if you have Jolee, Talz, or Jabba in their. (Jolee is less situational, but also less of a boost). The Chiss pack more punch, but lack the agility. The Trandos on the other hand are intriguing... there are interesting possibilities for them in the Seps, depending on what pieces you have available besides Whorm. You might look into that further.

Fun stuff for sure :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:37 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Location: Aboard the Exocarrier Resalute, waiting to free all SWMer's from Tyrnany
swinefeld wrote:
@Don, interesting idea with towed Nym and Flobi :) (Gotals still need some attack boost though)

I do think the Gotals are definitely the way to go with the Merc Commander. Running Gotals with MC and Whorm might help offset their low attack a bit with the twin shots, and even better if you have Jolee, Talz, or Jabba in their. (Jolee is less situational, but also less of a boost). The Chiss pack more punch, but lack the agility. The Trandos on the other hand are intriguing... there are interesting possibilities for them in the Seps, depending on what pieces you have available besides Whorm. You might look into that further.

Fun stuff for sure :)

I agree the Gotals +7 leaves plenty to be desired, however in my squad they gain triple attack so they have 3 chances, and depending on what they are shooting at the odds will obviosuly fluctuate, it's the same as with the twin, a +7 with two chances is better than a +7 with just one. But I agree that both squads, I know mine is fun to run, and the OP's looks to have some unique possiblities

Member of the SWMRAC
Member of the Completed till the End and Beyond Club

Come rate my squads on Bloomilk...http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.a ... dalsiandon