All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: Ganner's Glue Gun - For Tourney
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:33 am 
Customizer Extrodinaire
Customizer Extrodinaire

Sithdragon13 wrote:
I always forget about the pilot boost. :/
I still think he is a bit over rated, but then again the only time my die is hot is when im attack ugs with Jedi. My ug killing an ug? forget about it. :)

+14 against acted characters has proven pretty reliable, usually getting at least 2 shots through most targets.

"Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration."
-Thomas Edison

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:58 am 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Dash is one of the best guns the NR can get a hold of and they have a fairly cheap way of boosting him. The NR don't have access to a lot of shooters so in NR builds he is a go to piece (kind of like Rex for the republic and Han Smug for the rebels).

Saying that you really have to be careful with your points with the NR. Points add up quickly and you really need to squeeze as much out of each piece as possible.
Playing a ghost on an NR squad without evade seems like a waste to me. Mara will not survive for more than 2 assaults unless she is playing mop up (which is unlikely seeing as she is your first strike piece). Paying 10 points for Zuckuss with FR2 and mettle seems like a waste because it doesn't add enough to the build. your not increasing dmg output significantly enough.

Your probably gonna end up trading Mara for a piece worth more (scourge, yobuck, Kyle) or plays a huge role in a squad (han smuggler, Snowspeeder) so i think you need to add in a tertiary threat like Kyp. Ganner will be often levitating Dash to attack or safety so you'll need to give them both a reasonable threat.
I would drop the ghost and lobot and think about how best to fit in someone like Kyp to boost your output. I might be tempted to re-evaluate what Zuckuss does for your squad also.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:57 am 
Customizer Extrodinaire
Customizer Extrodinaire

fingersandteeth wrote:
Dash is one of the best guns the NR can get a hold of and they have a fairly cheap way of boosting him. The NR don't have access to a lot of shooters so in NR builds he is a go to piece (kind of like Rex for the republic and Han Smug for the rebels).

Saying that you really have to be careful with your points with the NR. Points add up quickly and you really need to squeeze as much out of each piece as possible.
Playing a ghost on an NR squad without evade seems like a waste to me. Mara will not survive for more than 2 assaults unless she is playing mop up (which is unlikely seeing as she is your first strike piece). Paying 10 points for Zuckuss with FR2 and mettle seems like a waste because it doesn't add enough to the build. your not increasing dmg output significantly enough.

Your probably gonna end up trading Mara for a piece worth more (scourge, yobuck, Kyle) or plays a huge role in a squad (han smuggler, Snowspeeder) so i think you need to add in a tertiary threat like Kyp. Ganner will be often levitating Dash to attack or safety so you'll need to give them both a reasonable threat.
I would drop the ghost and lobot and think about how best to fit in someone like Kyp to boost your output. I might be tempted to re-evaluate what Zuckuss does for your squad also.

Are you suggesting I drop Zuck for a more substantial melee threat? Zuck is there not only for sticking, but b/c of his anti-stealth and init abilities (which is why Luke is there). Do you think another threat, like Kyp, would be a better choice to fill that space?

"Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration."
-Thomas Edison

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:51 am 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Roque Saber wrote:
and think about how best to fit in someone like Kyp to boost your output. I might be tempted to re-evaluate what Zuckuss does for your squad also.

Are you suggesting I drop Zuck for a more substantial melee threat? Zuck is there not only for sticking, but b/c of his anti-stealth and init abilities (which is why Luke is there). Do you think another threat, like Kyp, would be a better choice to fill that space?[/quote]

No I said you should drop Lobot and Luke FS and see what you can fit.
I said evaluate what Zuckuss does for your squad. Your paying 35 points for a 20dmg accurate gun with anticipation, with luke fs your paying 45. I can see the benefit of sticking a piece with Zuckuss and then setting up Mara for the next round with anticipation but is that worth the 45 and how often do you think you'll be able to use that strategy in the game.
Also what stealth pieces are you concerned with?