14 General Rieekan
12 Anakin Skywalker, Force Spirit
9 General Dodonna
8 Juno Eclipse
8 R7 Astromech Droid
3 Mouse Droid
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(200pts. 12 activations)

I think scoundrel is still playworthy and ive always liked cunning over opportunist. Here haunt han and use the age old han-cannon technique to take out tech and commanders. Ani FS gives out mettle which you might need to hit high Def gowk squads. The landspeeder is fast enough to catch enemy melee fighters off guard and put 90 with leia on some big beats. Ferus serves as melee and to tie up beats for a round or 2.

All in All i think i like this build its pretty old school but still really solid.

What i wanted to do was use a han besides smuggler for the cannon ce. Any input or suggestions are welcome.

Post subject: Re: LandCannon
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:04 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

yeah, classic rebel synergy without anything really out of place.
With all the fast lightsabers the landspeeders extra HP go a long way as does alter and JMT.

Feris really helps out these builds by pretecting the fragile pieces. Juno is left out in the cold though, her disruptive won't last long against those you need it against (lancer or Yobuck) but there isn't much you can do about that unless you switch Feris for Chewie which i think generally does more harm than good.

Its a solid t2 squad but i think the fact that the republic will get the drop on you due to faster speed means you'll probably be hoping to win init to use Han Sc rather than using Smugg to punish those that end up within range at the end of the round.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:12 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I built something similar yesterday but I used Han RH instead of Scoundrel, and I revised the support to fit in both Yoda FS and Ani FS. Tons of force points floating around for re-rolling attacks and Evade saves - with Mettle of course.

1 Luke's Landspeeder
1 Han Solo, Rebel Hero
1 Princess Leia
1 General Rieekan
1 R7 Astromech Droid
1 Caamasi Noble
2 Mouse Droid
1 Ferus Olin
1 Anakin Skywalker, Force Spirit
1 Yoda, Force Spirit
2 Ugnaught Demolitionist

Two ghosts plus a Caamasi, on the right maps you can make it pretty hard for melee characters to get to you.

The new ghosts and Ferus Olin really help the cannon builds.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:00 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Quote:
--LandCannon--
47 Luke's Landspeeder
46 Han Solo, Scoundrel
27 Ferus Olin
20 Princess Leia
14 General Rieekan
12 Anakin Skywalker, Force Spirit
9 General Dodonna
8 Juno Eclipse
8 R7 Astromech Droid
3 Mouse Droid

(200pts. 12 activations)

I think scoundrel is still playworthy and ive always liked cunning over opportunist. Here haunt han and use the age old han-cannon technique to take out tech and commanders. Ani FS gives out mettle which you might need to hit high Def gowk squads. The landspeeder is fast enough to catch enemy melee fighters off guard and put 90 with leia on some big beats. Ferus serves as melee and to tie up beats for a round or 2.

All in All i think i like this build its pretty old school but still really solid.

What i wanted to do was use a han besides smuggler for the cannon ce. Any input or suggestions are welcome.
Good build.

I agree with you on cunning. I like games that I get right into the action, so Cunning suits me well. I also understand the benefit of having a Han with force.

I know you said you prefer this Han, but another thing to consider is the use of a Twi'lek Black Sun Vigo which you can add to the squad if you switch Han Scoundrel to Smuggler. This gives Ferus a huge boost, because now he's more of a threat from 6 squares, Rieeken's CE is more utilized, and Han still has evade, mobile, a higher attack, and the same damage potential, and he would probably perform better against melee squads. Rebels also tend to do excellent with opportunist minis for the mere fact that they usually control the tempo. Just keep that in mind. But I do see you giving Han Scoundrel a chance. He is still a great mini and honestly fun to play. And the squad should still perfrom well.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:48 am 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

I used this squad once, and it did alright:

47 Luke's Landspeeder
37 Aurra Sing
27 Han Solo On TaunTaun
20 Princess Leia
18 C-3PO and R2-D2
17 Bothan Noble
9 General Dodonna
8 Juno Eclipse
8 Wicket
3 Mouse Droid

(200pts. 12 activations)

HanTaun seemed like a give choice (Cunning to offset all the Opportunist out there) and his ability to Heal the Speeder was a bonus.

Aurra was a backup beat for pesky Jedi.

Given the current minis arena, maybe some of it should be substituted out - maybe CLObot could be fit in, and Rieekan. R2-PO might not be as useful anymore.