Unnamed Wookiee

Arica -- 31 points
Moff Nyna Calixte -- 18 points
Prince Xizor -- 40 points
Darth Vader, Legacy of the Force -- 71 points
Thrawn - 32 points
Mass Amedda -- 8 points

200 points, 6 activations.

Biggest problem i have with this squad is no door control, but the idea behind it is Arica gains super stealth, accurate shot and has blaster barrage which i like, and then i have legacy vader to give her extra attack, so if she is either out of force points or you dont want to waste a barrage she gains double/twin if she doesnt move. Vader is also in for Thrawn swapping if Arica does happen to get based. Thrawn for Thrawn swaps and he gives Arica (and vader) Opportunist so she has 13 attack for 20 damage at all times.

Used a squad similar to this one in a few games this last weekend and seemed to do pretty well. I didnt have Xizor or Mass in it so i replaced them with a mouse droid, uggnaut, and Lobot CLO. I would also like to make a 250 point variant of this team adding Emp on Throne, giving Arica unlimited force points and she could blaster barrage twice in a single turn. Then i would also add a door control, either t3, or Lobot CLO, and maybe take legacy vader out for a cheaper body guard? idk, definatly open to suggestions lol.

But, yeah may be kind of long winded/scattered but let me know what you guys think.

<(^^)> (>^^)> <(^^<) ^(^^)^
dance, kirby, dance.

Post subject: Re: Arica Squad
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:45 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Guess it depends on your playgroup, but having only 6 activations and no door control would be suicide in my local area. Honestly, I would drop Prince Xizor. Sure, Accurate Shot is nice, but he's just so overcosted for what he offers your squad. Either that, or drop Vader. You really need to focus on one CE or the other. If you drop Xizor, you could add things like Storm Commandos, which would benefit from both Nyna and Vader. Or, you could drop Vader and go with Storm Commandos and a Czerka Scientist, so they'd have Double/Twin/Accurate.

Also, as for your Emp on Throne idea, it wouldn't allow Arica to Blaster Barrage twice in a turn. While Hand of the Emperor allows her to spend Force Points twice, Blaster Barrage is still a 'Replaces Attacks' ability, and so you can only use it once per turn.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:41 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

imo is vader legacy that is probably worth removing. He doesn't really gel with blaster barrage or anything else in the squad. up until that point you have nice synergy going.

I would look to put in a cheaper beat (Ani, Vader SotJ even Kir Krapos) and then utilize the black sun (abyssins or aqualish) or storm commandoes to utilize more of a benefit from Xizor.

More activations would allow you to position for a pretty devastating BB.

However, don't play without door control, ever. Its so irritating to be on the revieving end of door games when you have no choice but to put up with it. Its also irritating to play against no door control and think "well i could play this out as if i don't have override and risk losing or i could just take advantage of a poorly designed team and feel like crap when i do it".

If you have no door control when you finish designing your squad then you MUST rethink to put it in.
I'm deadly serious. It is that important unless you house rule doors.
You MUST have door control.

It cannot be stated enough.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:41 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

thanks for the input, guys. i was thinking the same thing about door control and ill look at taking vader out for a couple less-expensive figs. My collection is just now starting to get....decent in size (when they decide to stop printing the game lol) so im looking at putting stuff in that ive recently acquired.

<(^^)> (>^^)> <(^^<) ^(^^)^
dance, kirby, dance.