logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Republic Navy/Pilots 200 Points
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:38 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Here's my attempt at a fluffy Republic Navy/Republic Pilots list. It's essentially supposed to represent, in an abstract way obviously, the support that the Republic Navy lends to ground assaults. I'm hoping the inclusion of the ISP speeder isn't too much of a stretch since I believe they are crewed by Clone Pilots. I'm very new to the game so if there's a unit that would work well in this list and fit with the list's fluff please let me know thanks. This list is supposed to be fluffy, but at least semi-competitive for friendly games, not tournament play. Thanks for your help.

Republic Navy
Admiral Yularen: 21
Odd Ball: 17
ISP Speeder x2: 84
Clone Pilots x8: 72
Total: 194

Post subject: Re: Republic Navy/Pilots 200 Points
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:09 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

No feedback? Is the idea THAT bad? If so, what would you change while sticking with the theme?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:23 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Sorry, I missed this one. I for one really enjoy your themed squads, although there isn't too much you can do to change them. Themed does not equal competitive and that's what most critque is for. Though to make it a little tougher I would suggest adding some R7's for door control, plus every good pilot should have them :D

Additionally, the new Plo Koon is slated to have Pilot and should be fairly cheap or easy to get. Plo Koon is the one executed in the startfighter during Order 66.

I agree, I'm not sure how much of a stretch it actually is with the ISP speeders, but since they don't have Flight, I would say it's a bit much. One of those could be replaced bly Plo and, IIRC, you should have enough for the R7.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:45 pm 
Guardian of the Old Republic
Guardian of the Old Republic

I like the idea behind it a lot. I however think you need a direction if you want to do more with the squad semi-competitively.

1st suggestion:

Drop ISPs for Tarpals, Amidala, and more clones.

2nd suggestion:

Drop ISPs for Plo, Dash, and some form of door control.

3rd suggestion:

Drop an ISP for Captain Rex and Mas.

4th suggestion:

Drop Yularen and clones for Rex and Mas.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:44 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
Sorry, I missed this one. I for one really enjoy your themed squads, although there isn't too much you can do to change them. Themed does not equal competitive and that's what most critque is for. Though to make it a little tougher I would suggest adding some R7's for door control, plus every good pilot should have them :D

Additionally, the new Plo Koon is slated to have Pilot and should be fairly cheap or easy to get. Plo Koon is the one executed in the startfighter during Order 66.

I agree, I'm not sure how much of a stretch it actually is with the ISP speeders, but since they don't have Flight, I would say it's a bit much. One of those could be replaced bly Plo and, IIRC, you should have enough for the R7.

Thanks for the Feedback. I'm glad you are enjoying the theme squads. I'll hopefully get a chance to stick this one together soon or later.

I'm probably going to be sticking my Senate Guard list together first since I snagged some minis for it really cheap on Ebay. Admiral Yularen continues to elude me, and I just can't bring myself to pay the price of the direct purchase sites.

According to the Star Wars Minis Database ISP speeders do have Flight. It could be wrong though. I was looking at that when designing this list, and that's what led me to believe they might be an okay fit. It seemed like a waste to have that wonderful Gunner ability on the Pilots and no way to use it.

Plo seems like a great idea. I'll hopefully be able to pick one up.

Thanks again for the feedback.